'Breaking Bad' fans place Walter White obituary in Albuquerque paper
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Some fans of “Breaking Bad,” the AMC series which concluded Sunday night, were inspired to place an obituary for character Walter White in the Albuquerque Journal.
The notice appears on page A4 of Friday's Journal. It's headlined “White, Walter” and includes a photo of Bryan Cranston, the actor who played the chemistry teacher turned drug kingpin.
The obituary says the 52-year-old “founded a meth manufacturing empire” and he died “after a long battle with lung cancer and a gunshot wound.”
The five-season series was set and filmed in Albuquerque.
Los Lunas science teacher David Layman, one of the members an unofficial fan group that placed the obit, says many are sad to see the show go. But he says the obit helps provide some closure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Parents alerted to luring attempt of fourth-grade girl in Springdale
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- EPA urges further review of nuclear waste dump in Parks Township
- BNY Mellon expands role for treasury exec
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Gunman sought in gas station robberies in Jefferson, Buffalo townships
- 3 arrested in recent McKeesport business burglaries
- Area basketball teams embrace opportunities to play for championships
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench