'Breaking Bad' fans place Walter White obituary in Albuquerque paper
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Some fans of “Breaking Bad,” the AMC series which concluded Sunday night, were inspired to place an obituary for character Walter White in the Albuquerque Journal.
The notice appears on page A4 of Friday's Journal. It's headlined “White, Walter” and includes a photo of Bryan Cranston, the actor who played the chemistry teacher turned drug kingpin.
The obituary says the 52-year-old “founded a meth manufacturing empire” and he died “after a long battle with lung cancer and a gunshot wound.”
The five-season series was set and filmed in Albuquerque.
Los Lunas science teacher David Layman, one of the members an unofficial fan group that placed the obit, says many are sad to see the show go. But he says the obit helps provide some closure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indiana County authorities investigate suspected homicide in Blairsville
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery sent explicit emails
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Coroner identifies Cranberry woman who died in McConnells Mill fall
- Police: Westmoreland man dead of gunshot had fired at state troopers during pursuit
- Truck accident closes all inbound lanes of Parkway West
- Photos offer clue to assailant in fatal North Side Pittsburgh stabbing