'Breaking Bad' fans place Walter White obituary in Albuquerque paper
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Some fans of “Breaking Bad,” the AMC series which concluded Sunday night, were inspired to place an obituary for character Walter White in the Albuquerque Journal.
The notice appears on page A4 of Friday's Journal. It's headlined “White, Walter” and includes a photo of Bryan Cranston, the actor who played the chemistry teacher turned drug kingpin.
The obituary says the 52-year-old “founded a meth manufacturing empire” and he died “after a long battle with lung cancer and a gunshot wound.”
The five-season series was set and filmed in Albuquerque.
Los Lunas science teacher David Layman, one of the members an unofficial fan group that placed the obit, says many are sad to see the show go. But he says the obit helps provide some closure.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- DeVry shift to online classes prompts closing of Pittsburgh campus
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- Connellsville to host job fair
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- Couple hope Connellsville shop will attract trail users
- Trail preparation commences in Connellsville
- Pitt introduces Barnes as athletic director
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering