Police: Man stole sanitizer from UPMC Altoona to make cocktails
ALTOONA — Police have charged a man with stealing 12 bottles of hand sanitizer from a central Pennsylvania hospital, so he could mix it with orange juice and drink it for the alcohol it contained.
The Altoona Mirror reports 51-year-old Lee Ammerman has been mailed a summons requiring him to surrender Feb. 5 on charges of theft and receiving stolen property.
Police say an employee at UPMC Altoona hospital saw Ammerman steal a bottle of sanitizer by hiding it in an arm sling he was wearing in October. Police say Ammerman returned to steal more sanitizer twice in December.
Police say they confronted Ammerman who acknowledged stealing the sanitizer, telling police “I mix the liquid with orange juice.”
The hospital is seeking about $80 in restitution.
Ammerman doesn't have a listed phone or an attorney listed in court records.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Malkin, Hornqvist return to Penguins lineup vs. Coyotes
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Toole decides to remain at Robert Morris after interviewing with Fordham
- Mon Valley Progress Council looks for business-friendly ideas
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office