'Book of Mormon' finally making its way to Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — A popular satirical musical about Mormon missionaries will play next year in Salt Lake City, just down the street from the worldwide headquarters of the faith it's mocking.
The “Book of Mormon” musical has been scheduled for a run at the Capitol Theatre from July 28 to Aug. 9, 2015. This will be the first time the show has come to Salt Lake City since it debuted on Broadway in 2011.
The Capitol Theatre is less than a half mile from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' flagship temple and headquarters.
The Mormon church on Friday reiterated its past statement about the show, saying it might entertain audiences for an evening, but the real Book of Mormon changes people's lives forever.
It's estimated that six in 10 Utah residents are Mormon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh region’s philanthropic sector at top of nation’s pack
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Islamic immigration in Europe
- Police encryption
- Enough Benghazi
- Dorfman: Barnes & Noble could beat bookstore blues, chief’s stock buy suggests
- In a heartbeat: ‘Kissing bug’ showing up in Pa.
- Fed slashes its emergency power options in crisis
- Distractions can help keep riders alert in self-driving cars, study finds
- Roundup: Locked out ATI workers to lose company-paid health benefits; more
- Stocks dip on lower holiday spending fears