'Book of Mormon' finally making its way to Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — A popular satirical musical about Mormon missionaries will play next year in Salt Lake City, just down the street from the worldwide headquarters of the faith it's mocking.
The “Book of Mormon” musical has been scheduled for a run at the Capitol Theatre from July 28 to Aug. 9, 2015. This will be the first time the show has come to Salt Lake City since it debuted on Broadway in 2011.
The Capitol Theatre is less than a half mile from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' flagship temple and headquarters.
The Mormon church on Friday reiterated its past statement about the show, saying it might entertain audiences for an evening, but the real Book of Mormon changes people's lives forever.
It's estimated that six in 10 Utah residents are Mormon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- North Huntingdon residents warned about vehicle break-ins
- Coal ash sites have tainted hundreds of waterways, aquifers
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Despite intimidation, women still passionate about video games
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- As smokers seek Cuban cigars, retailers point to trade embargo
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd