'Book of Mormon' finally making its way to Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — A popular satirical musical about Mormon missionaries will play next year in Salt Lake City, just down the street from the worldwide headquarters of the faith it's mocking.
The “Book of Mormon” musical has been scheduled for a run at the Capitol Theatre from July 28 to Aug. 9, 2015. This will be the first time the show has come to Salt Lake City since it debuted on Broadway in 2011.
The Capitol Theatre is less than a half mile from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' flagship temple and headquarters.
The Mormon church on Friday reiterated its past statement about the show, saying it might entertain audiences for an evening, but the real Book of Mormon changes people's lives forever.
It's estimated that six in 10 Utah residents are Mormon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 3 area teams eliminated
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Grants boost tunnel, trail work in Clarion and Armstrong counties
- Ford City joining growing fight against blight
- Girls’ soccer sites set
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert