Labor Day holiday closings for Pittsburgh
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers also are closed. PennDOT online services will be available.
Port Authority bus, T and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Additionally, bus detours will be in effect that day because of the Downtown Labor Day parade and a 5K race on the North Shore.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There is no trash collection in Pittsburgh, and trash collection is pushed back a day in the city for the rest of the week.
Monday is the last day that six of the city's outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- On remote Japanese island, cats outnumber humans
- Surgeon to examine Pirates’ Cumpton after experiencing elbow discomfort
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Frazer police receive state funding for more undercover patrols at Mills
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- Rangers up ante in Metropolitan Division with trade acquisitions