Labor Day holiday closings for Pittsburgh
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers also are closed. PennDOT online services will be available.
Port Authority bus, T and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Additionally, bus detours will be in effect that day because of the Downtown Labor Day parade and a 5K race on the North Shore.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There is no trash collection in Pittsburgh, and trash collection is pushed back a day in the city for the rest of the week.
Monday is the last day that six of the city's outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- West Virginia University warns students over riots
- Loophole rewards expelled Nazi suspects with Social Security benefits
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Freeport falls prey to Montour firepower
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial