Labor Day holiday closings for Pittsburgh
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers also are closed. PennDOT online services will be available.
Port Authority bus, T and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Additionally, bus detours will be in effect that day because of the Downtown Labor Day parade and a 5K race on the North Shore.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There is no trash collection in Pittsburgh, and trash collection is pushed back a day in the city for the rest of the week.
Monday is the last day that six of the city's outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- Penguins testing Fleury, Maatta, Bortuzzo for mumps
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Ex-Pittsburgh mayoral candidate back in jail
- Braddock man admits to role in drug ring
- Pitt coach Chryst expected to take Wisconsin job
- Audit: Finances put future of Philly’s historic Cheyney University in doubt
- Media attention yields no clues as to identity of woman whose head was found in Economy
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in ‘massive fraud, kickback scheme’ at PennDOT