Labor Day holiday closings for Pittsburgh
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers also are closed. PennDOT online services will be available.
Port Authority bus, T and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Additionally, bus detours will be in effect that day because of the Downtown Labor Day parade and a 5K race on the North Shore.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There is no trash collection in Pittsburgh, and trash collection is pushed back a day in the city for the rest of the week.
Monday is the last day that six of the city's outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Alibaba stock soars in frenetic trading debut
- Raucous sold-out crowd awaits No. 4 Sooners in Morgantown
- Pitt meets Iowa’s muscle
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- CDC backlog means W.Pa, likely won’t get respiratory virus diagnoses quickly
- White House targets sexual assaults on college campuses
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- PSU figures to flex its top-10 ground ranking Saturday
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Predictions are for lots of brilliant color this autumn
- Orders for Pittsburgh police hats soar with new uniform policy