Labor Day holiday closings for Pittsburgh
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers also are closed. PennDOT online services will be available.
Port Authority bus, T and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Additionally, bus detours will be in effect that day because of the Downtown Labor Day parade and a 5K race on the North Shore.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There is no trash collection in Pittsburgh, and trash collection is pushed back a day in the city for the rest of the week.
Monday is the last day that six of the city's outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Baseball needs a new schedule
- Steelers remain confident in defense
- Pirates rout Cardinals to keep things interesting in NL Central
- Berry wins Steelers’ punting job; Wing traded to Giants
- State lawmaker proposes increasing cost of fishing licenses
- Pirates notebook: Burnett continues to progress, amps up to 95-pitch simulated game
- Pitt’s Narduzzi revisits YSU roots in opener
- Security guard shot outside East Hills restaurant
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Megyn Kelly’s forte not Pa. Megan’s
- Pirates reliever Liz new, improved