Labor Day holiday closings for Pittsburgh
Federal, state, county and city offices and courts close on Monday in observance of Labor Day.
Post offices, banks, liquor stores and driver license and photo centers also are closed. PennDOT online services will be available.
Port Authority bus, T and incline service operate on a holiday schedule. Additionally, bus detours will be in effect that day because of the Downtown Labor Day parade and a 5K race on the North Shore.
Port Authority's customer service line, 412-442-2000, will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
There is no trash collection in Pittsburgh, and trash collection is pushed back a day in the city for the rest of the week.
Monday is the last day that six of the city's outdoor swimming pools are open. The city's 10 recreation centers and 14 senior centers are closed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin Area to sue for tuition reimbursement
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- European carriers lack 2-person cockpit rule in place in U.S.
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Energy Department OKs loan of $259M to Alcoa to promote clean energy