52 county-owned properties bid on in Uniontown
Fayette County received offers on 52 of 103 properties it offered for sale through a public auction held Tuesday.
Jim Hercik, chief assessor, said the total amount bid on all 52 properties is $10,025. In many cases, properties went for the minimum bid of $50, Hercik said. The most that was bid on a single property was $3,000 for a house and garage on Mill Street in Menallen.
All of the properties that were offered for sale are county-owned. The county took ownership after the properties failed to sell at upset and free-and-clear tax sales.
Hercik said county commissioners must approve the bids before they are deeded over to the successful bidders. The 51 properties that did not sell will be offered for sale again later this year, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police probe alleged plot targeting educators
- Celebration of song welcomes season of giving in Connellsville
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Perryopolis girl excited to perform ‘Fiddler’ role
- Message of good cheer spread in Connellsville
- Hearing on plans for Dunbar Township resort off until January
- Connellsville council votes to start razing process on 3 unfit structures
- Fayette County commissioners blame shortfall on faulty estimates
- Fayette County Career & Technical Institute celebrating 50th anniversary
- Thanksgiving Festival of Choirs to be presented Sunday
- Connellsville woman robbed at old ice rink, she says