52 county-owned properties bid on in Uniontown
Fayette County received offers on 52 of 103 properties it offered for sale through a public auction held Tuesday.
Jim Hercik, chief assessor, said the total amount bid on all 52 properties is $10,025. In many cases, properties went for the minimum bid of $50, Hercik said. The most that was bid on a single property was $3,000 for a house and garage on Mill Street in Menallen.
All of the properties that were offered for sale are county-owned. The county took ownership after the properties failed to sell at upset and free-and-clear tax sales.
Hercik said county commissioners must approve the bids before they are deeded over to the successful bidders. The 51 properties that did not sell will be offered for sale again later this year, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County workers approve new contract
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- Dunbar Township Elementary School food, coat drive kicks off
- Inmate found dead at SCI Fayette
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday