Tot dies in SUV, dirt bike collision
A 2-year-old Point Marion boy died Friday night when the dirt bike on which he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle near his home, according to the Fayette County coroner.
Ryan Metz would have celebrated his third birthday on Tuesday. He suffered head injuries and was knocked unconscious, said Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly. The toddler was pronounced dead at 9:04 p.m. by deputy Coroner Paul Kondrla, Reilly said.
The boy, who was seated in the front of the dirt bike, was not wearing any body or head protection, Reilly said.
The driver of the dirt bike was injured and was transported to a hospital, Reilly said. His identity was not available.
Details of the accident were not available. Point Marion police, which investigated the accident, could not be reached for comment.
The coroner said that family and friends witnessed the crash.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Frazier superintendent’s main goal: Focus on the students
- ‘Trigger clause’ in ordinance unnecessary, says Connellsville’s health board
- Dawson native Leonard finishes season with Braves’ AAA affiliate
- Community Field Day fundraiser planned at East Park in Connellsville
- WCCC robotics kits donated to CACTC
- Final ‘Wednesdays at West Overton’ to feature Bullskin woman
- Robber threatens employee at Subway in Uniontown Mall
- Connellsville sets trick-or-treat
- Connellsville’s Mozart Music Club to celebrate 95th anniversary
- Sheetz expansion project given OK by city zoning board
- For some, Dunbar Community Fest is a ‘homecoming’