Tot dies in SUV, dirt bike collision
A 2-year-old Point Marion boy died Friday night when the dirt bike on which he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle near his home, according to the Fayette County coroner.
Ryan Metz would have celebrated his third birthday on Tuesday. He suffered head injuries and was knocked unconscious, said Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly. The toddler was pronounced dead at 9:04 p.m. by deputy Coroner Paul Kondrla, Reilly said.
The boy, who was seated in the front of the dirt bike, was not wearing any body or head protection, Reilly said.
The driver of the dirt bike was injured and was transported to a hospital, Reilly said. His identity was not available.
Details of the accident were not available. Point Marion police, which investigated the accident, could not be reached for comment.
The coroner said that family and friends witnessed the crash.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville counselors lend ear on The Couch
- Connellsville Area students’ Mustache Clubs raise thousands for charity, research
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini to stand trial in gun theft
- Defense attorney in Connellsville shooting challenges account of officer who resigned while under investigation
- Mill Run taxidermist honored at North American Taxidermy Championship
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Father-and-son blacksmiths still firing up forge in Farmington
- Mancuso running for register of wills in Fayette