Tot dies in SUV, dirt bike collision
A 2-year-old Point Marion boy died Friday night when the dirt bike on which he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle near his home, according to the Fayette County coroner.
Ryan Metz would have celebrated his third birthday on Tuesday. He suffered head injuries and was knocked unconscious, said Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly. The toddler was pronounced dead at 9:04 p.m. by deputy Coroner Paul Kondrla, Reilly said.
The boy, who was seated in the front of the dirt bike, was not wearing any body or head protection, Reilly said.
The driver of the dirt bike was injured and was transported to a hospital, Reilly said. His identity was not available.
Details of the accident were not available. Point Marion police, which investigated the accident, could not be reached for comment.
The coroner said that family and friends witnessed the crash.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Police: Suspect in Uniontown woman’s shooting death considered armed, dangerous
- Springhill district judge candidate touts ‘passion for justice’
- Connellsville man sentenced to prison for role in armed robbery of pizza deliverer
- Connellsville Area Garden Club seeks design input for park upgrade
- Fayette County board OKs Energy Corp. of America to pump water from river for drilling site
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- Judge denies admitted killer’s double jeopardy claim