Tot dies in SUV, dirt bike collision
A 2-year-old Point Marion boy died Friday night when the dirt bike on which he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle near his home, according to the Fayette County coroner.
Ryan Metz would have celebrated his third birthday on Tuesday. He suffered head injuries and was knocked unconscious, said Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly. The toddler was pronounced dead at 9:04 p.m. by deputy Coroner Paul Kondrla, Reilly said.
The boy, who was seated in the front of the dirt bike, was not wearing any body or head protection, Reilly said.
The driver of the dirt bike was injured and was transported to a hospital, Reilly said. His identity was not available.
Details of the accident were not available. Point Marion police, which investigated the accident, could not be reached for comment.
The coroner said that family and friends witnessed the crash.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- Uniontown programs get $900K
- No tax increase for Everson next year
- Fallen Perryopolis police officer chased his dream
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville
- Cochran House tours to benefit food bank
- Fayette inmate represents self at hearing