Tot dies in SUV, dirt bike collision
A 2-year-old Point Marion boy died Friday night when the dirt bike on which he was riding collided with a sport utility vehicle near his home, according to the Fayette County coroner.
Ryan Metz would have celebrated his third birthday on Tuesday. He suffered head injuries and was knocked unconscious, said Coroner Dr. Phillip E. Reilly. The toddler was pronounced dead at 9:04 p.m. by deputy Coroner Paul Kondrla, Reilly said.
The boy, who was seated in the front of the dirt bike, was not wearing any body or head protection, Reilly said.
The driver of the dirt bike was injured and was transported to a hospital, Reilly said. His identity was not available.
Details of the accident were not available. Point Marion police, which investigated the accident, could not be reached for comment.
The coroner said that family and friends witnessed the crash.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Redstone police sergeant put on unpaid leave in domestic dispute
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- 30 days to decide fate of WCVI
- Saturday is time to ‘Pray Connellsville’