Community flea market planned at Connellsville Sons of Italy
An outdoor community flea market will be held 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in Connellsville Township.
“I wanted to gather my neighbors together in one place, an accessible area, and the Connellsville Sons of Italy was kind enough to offer free use of their tables. The sale will be held in front of their building where there is plenty of free parking too,” said Rhonda Bierer, event organizer.
Everyone is invited to participate, there are no restrictions.
“I hope the Sons of Italy members will participate since they have been so generous,” she added. “Anyone can come set up and sell, trade and buy. Everyone sells their own things and keeps their own money. There is no set-up fee and no admission fee.”
Bierer got the idea because this is back to school time. She hopes people will bring their kids' clothes, where there will be the opportunity to sell and buy things that will be new to them for this school year.
“There will be some heavy lifting involved to get everything ready but my husband Jeffrey is on board. He doesn't mind,” Bierer said.
Many people have registered to participate, which is requested and preferred, but not required. Sellers can use as many tables as they need, all at no cost. Reservations can be made by marking a response on the event calendar on Facebook or by calling Bierer at 724-570-3328, or email email@example.com.
Set-up time is 7 a.m. each day. Sellers need to arrive at that time. Bierer said there is a strict guideline that there will be no selling before 9 a.m.
“Shoppers need to be mindful that sellers need adequate time to set up and display everything they brought,” she said. “I know that we will have furniture, housewares, collectibles, lawn mowers, tools, outdoor decorations, arts, crafts, wreaths, candles and wooden items as well as a big selection of back to school things. That was my main goal, to get those clothes out for the kids before school starts.
“I know there are some clothes that still have tags on them, they were never worn. We will have plenty of space and tables. I am looking forward to seeing a lot of people,” Bierer said.
The community flea market will be held rain or shine. The Sons of Italy is located across from Connellsville Township Fire Hall at 515 Rogers Ave.
Nancy Henry is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Albert Gallatin bus driver pleads guilty to sexual assault
- Longtime Connellsville area business closes its doors
- Fayette Friends of Animals volunteer uses talent to help get her shelter animals adopted
- Connellsville Health Board airs ordinance issues
- Man held for trial in dragging of Redstone cop
- Fayette jail foes want county to be stricken as intervenor in case
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Sirochman: Fayette genealogy workshop planned for Wednesday
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Lynn: Frazier to offer kindergarten readiness classes