Daily Courier carrier hurt in accident
A 64-year-old Fayette County man will be cited for careless driving because his car struck and injured an adult newspaper carrier over the weekend outside the Daily Courier office in Connellsville, police said on Monday.
The carrier, Ruth Ritenour, 61, of Isabella Road Extension, Connellsville, was admitted to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh with multiple injuries. She was reported in good condition on Monday. The Daily Courier is a Trib Total Media newspaper.
Police said Ritenour was standing near her pickup truck shortly before 6 a.m. when a car driven by Joseph Graham, 64, of 1216 Race St., Connellsville, made a right turn from the Paint Room restaurant parking lot, proceeded the wrong way on Orchard Alley and entered the Daily Courier parking lot where the accident occurred as Graham waited for the newspapers she was scheduled to deliver that morning.
Police said Graham's car struck the driver's side of Ritenour's truck then struck Ritenour.
Graham's car came to rest against the rear dock of the newspaper building, causing moderate damage, according to reports. Police said Graham was driving too fast for conditions.
Graham was treated at Highlands Hospital for an undisclosed injury and released. Ritenour was originally treated at Highlands before being transported by ambulance to Allegheny General, where she underwent surgery for her injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Lynn: Frazier to offer kindergarten readiness classes
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- Fayette County Fair up and running
- Pennsylvania State VFW Post 8543 Band continues to grow
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance
- Fayette fair queen, princess are crowned
- ‘Hairspray’ coming to State Theatre in Uniontown
- Longtime Fayette County Fair volunteer Herring honored as ‘ambassador’
- Calvary United Methodist Church to hold 7th annual Gospel Sing