Daily Courier carrier hurt in accident
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, October 9, 2012
A 64-year-old Fayette County man will be cited for careless driving because his car struck and injured an adult newspaper carrier over the weekend outside the Daily Courier office in Connellsville, police said on Monday.
The carrier, Ruth Ritenour, 61, of Isabella Road Extension, Connellsville, was admitted to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh with multiple injuries. She was reported in good condition on Monday. The Daily Courier is a Trib Total Media newspaper.
Police said Ritenour was standing near her pickup truck shortly before 6 a.m. when a car driven by Joseph Graham, 64, of 1216 Race St., Connellsville, made a right turn from the Paint Room restaurant parking lot, proceeded the wrong way on Orchard Alley and entered the Daily Courier parking lot where the accident occurred as Graham waited for the newspapers she was scheduled to deliver that morning.
Police said Graham's car struck the driver's side of Ritenour's truck then struck Ritenour.
Graham's car came to rest against the rear dock of the newspaper building, causing moderate damage, according to reports. Police said Graham was driving too fast for conditions.
Graham was treated at Highlands Hospital for an undisclosed injury and released. Ritenour was originally treated at Highlands before being transported by ambulance to Allegheny General, where she underwent surgery for her injuries.
- Fayette man, 33, labeled sexual predator
- Nemacolin casino offers way to skirt entrance fee
- Big holiday weekend in Connellsville arrives with plenty of events
- Masontown driver injured in crash
- 4 Fayette County positions at stake in primary
- Catholic Churches of Connellsville hosts first Feast of All Nations
- Geibel names 2013’s top students
- DeWitt claims politics played into charges against him
- Bicycle corridor plan gets Connellsville’s OK
- Uniontown teacher makes the grade
- Connellsville’s ‘sky toilet’ building to come down
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.