Daily Courier carrier hurt in accident
A 64-year-old Fayette County man will be cited for careless driving because his car struck and injured an adult newspaper carrier over the weekend outside the Daily Courier office in Connellsville, police said on Monday.
The carrier, Ruth Ritenour, 61, of Isabella Road Extension, Connellsville, was admitted to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh with multiple injuries. She was reported in good condition on Monday. The Daily Courier is a Trib Total Media newspaper.
Police said Ritenour was standing near her pickup truck shortly before 6 a.m. when a car driven by Joseph Graham, 64, of 1216 Race St., Connellsville, made a right turn from the Paint Room restaurant parking lot, proceeded the wrong way on Orchard Alley and entered the Daily Courier parking lot where the accident occurred as Graham waited for the newspapers she was scheduled to deliver that morning.
Police said Graham's car struck the driver's side of Ritenour's truck then struck Ritenour.
Graham's car came to rest against the rear dock of the newspaper building, causing moderate damage, according to reports. Police said Graham was driving too fast for conditions.
Graham was treated at Highlands Hospital for an undisclosed injury and released. Ritenour was originally treated at Highlands before being transported by ambulance to Allegheny General, where she underwent surgery for her injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Defense: Friendship led to death penalty pursuit in Fayette case
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Police hunt for North Union shooter
- ‘Lego’ night planned at East Park