Daily Courier carrier hurt in accident
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
A 64-year-old Fayette County man will be cited for careless driving because his car struck and injured an adult newspaper carrier over the weekend outside the Daily Courier office in Connellsville, police said on Monday.
The carrier, Ruth Ritenour, 61, of Isabella Road Extension, Connellsville, was admitted to Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh with multiple injuries. She was reported in good condition on Monday. The Daily Courier is a Trib Total Media newspaper.
Police said Ritenour was standing near her pickup truck shortly before 6 a.m. when a car driven by Joseph Graham, 64, of 1216 Race St., Connellsville, made a right turn from the Paint Room restaurant parking lot, proceeded the wrong way on Orchard Alley and entered the Daily Courier parking lot where the accident occurred as Graham waited for the newspapers she was scheduled to deliver that morning.
Police said Graham's car struck the driver's side of Ritenour's truck then struck Ritenour.
Graham's car came to rest against the rear dock of the newspaper building, causing moderate damage, according to reports. Police said Graham was driving too fast for conditions.
Graham was treated at Highlands Hospital for an undisclosed injury and released. Ritenour was originally treated at Highlands before being transported by ambulance to Allegheny General, where she underwent surgery for her injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UFO, Bigfoot encounters to be discussed at Connellsville library program
- Bikers plan Bataan Death March memorial ride
- ‘Going downtown’ with dad, mom in ’50s among Connellsville native’s treasured memories
- Resurfacing part of Route 119 on list of PennDOT projects in Connellsville area
- Champion church offers new sound effects for annual remembrance of Crucifixion
- Juveniles waive charges to Fayette court in Connellsville Township assault/robbery
- South Union woman charged with vehicular homicide
- Fayette group pushes court to schedule referendum hearing
- Mt. Pleasant man charged in 2 Connellsville robberies
- Tenebrae Service to be held Friday at St. Rita church, Connellsville
- Falcon band performs at Disney World