Connellsville sets fall cleanup day
Connellsville has set Saturday as its fall cleanup day.
All items are to be bundled, bagged or boxed and placed where a resident's trash is normally picked up. Bundles, boxes or bags are not to weigh more than 50 pounds each.
In addition, Veolia will collect any extra-large items and appliances, such as sofas, tables, televisions, washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, water tanks, dishwashers, mattresses, box springs and shelving.
Items containing refrigerants will be collected as long as Freon is removed properly and certifications are attached to the appliance. Examples of these types of appliances are refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
Veolia will collect small kitchen and bathroom appliances and toys.
Veolia will not pick up building or remodeling materials, such as bricks, stones, broken pieces of concrete, broken doors, plasterboard, stumps, paint in liquid form (If lids are removed and paint is allowed to dry or if mixed with cat litter, this is acceptable.); automotive parts, including motors, fenders, bumpers, tires and rims; and no hazardous materials, pesticides or any other material deemed nonmunicipal solid waste.
Once the trucks have covered an area, they will not repeat collection. In case of rain, residents should cover all items with plastic or water-repellent material so boxes will remain dry.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dunbar woman, toddler in critical condition after high-speed crash
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Bedford woman’s works on display at Fayette law library
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear
- Connellsville to honor local legend Harold Betters
- PA Core Standards concern many