Connellsville sets fall cleanup day
Connellsville has set Saturday as its fall cleanup day.
All items are to be bundled, bagged or boxed and placed where a resident's trash is normally picked up. Bundles, boxes or bags are not to weigh more than 50 pounds each.
In addition, Veolia will collect any extra-large items and appliances, such as sofas, tables, televisions, washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, water tanks, dishwashers, mattresses, box springs and shelving.
Items containing refrigerants will be collected as long as Freon is removed properly and certifications are attached to the appliance. Examples of these types of appliances are refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
Veolia will collect small kitchen and bathroom appliances and toys.
Veolia will not pick up building or remodeling materials, such as bricks, stones, broken pieces of concrete, broken doors, plasterboard, stumps, paint in liquid form (If lids are removed and paint is allowed to dry or if mixed with cat litter, this is acceptable.); automotive parts, including motors, fenders, bumpers, tires and rims; and no hazardous materials, pesticides or any other material deemed nonmunicipal solid waste.
Once the trucks have covered an area, they will not repeat collection. In case of rain, residents should cover all items with plastic or water-repellent material so boxes will remain dry.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gun stolen from Fayette courthouse, used in suicide
- Geibel grad dreams big, lands role in second feature film
- 4 seek 3 spots on Vanderbilt council in Democratic primary
- Snow removal ordinance discussed by Connellsville Health Board
- Couple hope Connellsville shop will attract trail users
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- National veterans charity to receive funds raised in Connellsville pageant
- Unique Connellsville art helps feed needy
- Fayette judge: Man not competent to stand trial for fatal stabbing
- Fire damages state Rep. Ryan Warner’s office in North Union