Connellsville sets fall cleanup day
Connellsville has set Saturday as its fall cleanup day.
All items are to be bundled, bagged or boxed and placed where a resident's trash is normally picked up. Bundles, boxes or bags are not to weigh more than 50 pounds each.
In addition, Veolia will collect any extra-large items and appliances, such as sofas, tables, televisions, washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, water tanks, dishwashers, mattresses, box springs and shelving.
Items containing refrigerants will be collected as long as Freon is removed properly and certifications are attached to the appliance. Examples of these types of appliances are refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
Veolia will collect small kitchen and bathroom appliances and toys.
Veolia will not pick up building or remodeling materials, such as bricks, stones, broken pieces of concrete, broken doors, plasterboard, stumps, paint in liquid form (If lids are removed and paint is allowed to dry or if mixed with cat litter, this is acceptable.); automotive parts, including motors, fenders, bumpers, tires and rims; and no hazardous materials, pesticides or any other material deemed nonmunicipal solid waste.
Once the trucks have covered an area, they will not repeat collection. In case of rain, residents should cover all items with plastic or water-repellent material so boxes will remain dry.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- New Horizon 4-H member says showmanship, bonding key to showing lambs
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee
- ‘Willy Wonka Jr.’ is Conn-Area Catholic School’s 10th annual musical