Daily Courier's Holiday Gift Club kicks off
The Daily Courier's Holiday Gift Club, in conjunction with the U.S. Marine Corps 2012 Toys for Tots campaign, will begin Nov. 19.
The gift club will provide needy children, mainly in the Fayette County area, with Christmas toys for children ages 8 to 12.
Anyone who wants to make the holidays a little brighter for a needy child can bring a new, unwrapped toy to the Daily Courier office, 127 W. Apple St., Connellsville, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A Daily Courier photographer will take photos of the donors and their toys for publication. Toys will be accepted until Dec. 12.
For more information about the gift club, call Linda Keffer from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays at 724-626-3541.
Daniel Martin, Toys for Tots program coordinator, said toy distribution will take place Dec. 17 and 18 (More information will be published at a later date).
In addition to the Daily Courier, collection sites in the Connellsville area include:
• American Legion Post 301, Bud Murphy's, Connellsville Area Senior High School, Connellsville City Hall, Connellsville Senior Center, Connellsville Township Elementary School, Hanson Aggregates, Highlands Hospital, Geibel Catholic Junior/Senior High School, Kathryn's Jewelry, Dr. John Ellis Eye Clinic, Lynn's Dairy Queen, Martin's Food Market, New Attitude Hair Styling, Scottdale Bank & Trust and Wendy's restaurant.
• Dunbar: Dunbar Borough Elementary School, Garry's Auto Sales, Laurel Highlands Family Dentistry, Laurel Mall, Pechin and the offices of state Rep. Deborah Kula and state Sen. Richard Kasunic.
• Hopwood: AMVETS Post 103, Adrian's Market, Hair Unlimited and Hutchinson's Sportsmen Club.
• Lemont Furnace: Advanced Acoustic Concepts, Angelo's, Dr. Geary Veterinarian Clinic, Miller Yamaha, Nickman's Drug Store, Pa. Institute of Health and Technology and Penn State Fayette, the Eberly Campus.
• Mt. Braddock: Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology.
• Mt. Pleasant: Lynn's Dairy Queen, Scottdale Bank & Trust, Regional Family YMCA, Wal-Mart.
• Perryopolis: B & B Family Diner, Dollar General, Frazier High School, Randall's Restaurant and Save A Lot supermarket, VFW Post 7023.
• Scottdale: Aiello & Cobb Dental, American Legion Post, Scottdale Veterinary Clinic and Scottdale Bank & Trust.
• Uniontown: VFW Post 8543, First Niagara Bank Main Office, A-1 Printing, Autoland Hyundai, WJS Psychological Association Inc., Byer's Market, Candle Man's Gift Shop, Centra Bank, Dusty Attic, Elks Club, Family Dollar, Fayette Bank Building, Fayette Chamber of Commerce, Fayette County Courthouse (Probation office and Sheriff's office), First Federal Savings & Loan, First National Bank, Herald-Standard, Heritage Apartments, Hot Diggity Dog, Laurel Business Institute, Marshall Manor, Moose Lodge 20, Mt. Vernon Towers, Neubauers Flowers, Neubauers Station, Pennsylvania American Water, PTC, Rittenhouse Insurance Agency, Rizz's Restaurant, State Theatre, Sunoco A-Plus, Sweet Peas, Titlow Hotel, Uniontown City Hall, Uniontown Fire Department, Uniontown High School, Uniontown Post Office (Federal Building), U.S. Post Office, Waggoners-Ferens Law Firm, Walgreens, White Swan Apartments, Atlantic Broadband, Centennial Chevrolet, Gebe & Skocik Tire, Koza Dance Studio, Laurel Highlands High School, Mr. Tire, Otto Brick and Tile, Sensus Technologies, Domino's, Little Caesar's Pizza, Parkvale Bank, Potters Club House, Sam's Restaurant, Yum Yum Bagels, First Federal of Monessen, Ace Rentals, Applebee's, AT&T Wireless, Blue Moon, Bob Evans Restaurant, Career Link, Denny's restaurant, the office of Dr. Heather Vega, Dollar General, Dr. Baker Chiropractic office, office of Dr. Biju Thomas, Duck Hollow Discovery Day Care, Exxon on-the-run, First Federal S&L (drive-through), Byer's Market, Ford of Uniontown, Gabler Drug Store, Grand View Medical, Griff's Bar, Hampton Inn, Kmart, Lynn's Dairy Queens (Connellsville and Main Street's), Mark C's restaurant, Mt. Macrina Manor, Ponderosa Steakhouse, Rainbow Dreams Day Care, South Union Volunteer Fire Department, Toyota of Uniontown, Tri-Star Car Sales, Thurby Lincoln, Uniontown Honda, Uniontown Hospital, UPS, VA Clinic, Wal-Mart, Uniontown YMCA; Big Lots, Family Dollar, all at Uniontown Shopping Center; AT&T Wireless, Boston Beanery, Grotto Restaurant, JC Penney store, Sears, Marine Corps recruiter's office and TeleTech, all at Uniontown Mall; Dollar General and Ollies, both at Fayette Plaza, Giant Eagle supermarket; Family Video, Shop ‘N Save supermarket, Advanced Chiropractic, Centra Bank and Save A Lot supermarket, all at Walnut Hill Shopping Center.
• Vanderbilt: Scottdale Bank & Trust.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Fayette man gets house arrest in prescription painkiller scheme
- Ceremony, parade mark start of 61st annual Fayette County Fair
- Connellsville Lions Club concert series continues through Sept. 6
- Additional charges filed in Connellsville vandalism case
- Woman accused of stabbing man at Fayette housing complex
- Uniontown homicide suspect says high blood sugar level should negate statements to police
- Henry: Churches to conduct festival this weekend in Connellsville
- FBI seized $1.5 million from 5 in Fayette County in connection with drug, illegal gambling probes
- Connellsville’s Porter Theater to present ‘Seven Brides’
- Connellsville Circles program fights poverty
- Connellsville police search for armed robber