Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
Published: Monday, December 3, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 3, 2012
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.
- City woman charged in stabbing
- Charleroi-based firm lands day reporting center contract
- Connellsville Garden Club celebrates 40 years
- Judge steps aside in Tupta killing
- Symposium details good things happening for Connellsville
- Commandments statue objectors can remain anonymous
- Gold Star mother supports military’s role
- World War II experiences set tone for today’s female troops
- Tri-Town Historical Society makes plans for homecoming
- Historic Mon ferryboat might be making last trip between Fayette, Washington
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.