Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon Eagle Scout project draws praise
- Fayette Children and Youth Services to expand offices
- Fayette Relay for Life moves to Uniontown church
- Dawson Grange Community Fair stands out by staying free to attend
- Acme teen excited to experience fair as queen
- Woman threatened with knife at ATM in Uniontown
- Connellsville diners can again ‘Savor the Avenue’
- Fayette County’s head detective named chief adult probation officer
- Mother of Fayette County killer wants to testify in closed courtroom
- Uniontown homicide suspect says high blood sugar level should negate statements to police
- Ceremony, parade mark start of 61st annual Fayette County Fair