Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sex trafficking survivor to speak at Penn State Fayette
- Coroner identifies body in Yough River as Carnegie man
- Uniontown freight train derailment blamed on bad crossties
- Connellsville middle schoolers ‘Adopt a Grandparent’
- Fayette County prosecutors drop charges filed by indicted ex-officer
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center marking milestone
- Dunbar Borough Elementary accepting children for Pre-K Counts program
- Bullskin Township Elementary student council gets students involved
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Lynn: Spaghetti benefit set at Brownfield Community Center
- Presentation shines light on Dunbar’s industrial past