Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Lynn: Frazier to offer kindergarten readiness classes
- Oglethorpe: A week in the life of a smalltown boy
- Fayette fair queen, princess are crowned
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance
- Boy, 13, critically injured in accident involving ATV
- Sisters of St. Basil to host 80th pilgrimage to Uniontown
- Rain doesn’t dampen spirit of Connellsville triathlon
- Volunteer firefighters hard to find in Mt. Pleasant, Scottdale
- Fayette County Fair up and running