Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Deteriorating retaining wall concerns Everson
- Connellsville board set to tackle budget
- Army unit reunites to honor fallen comrade in Uniontown
- Seton Hill Holocaust lecturer focuses on dangers of intolerance
- National Road Festival slated in Hopwood
- Penn State Fayette marks 50th anniversary of founding
- South Connellsville man has fond memories of service in Navy
- Fayette County area communities plan Memorial Day events
- Lynn: Memorial Day service to be held in Tri-Town area
- Connellsville WWII veteran recalls close calls as a bomber navigator