Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
Published: Monday, December 3, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, December 3, 2012
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.There are currently no comments for this story.
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Bullskin crash
- Fayette County man dies in 4-vehicle crash
- C&O Canal Towpath Trail ‘judged’ as great recreation
- Hearing continued for party stabbing suspect from North Union
- Commissioners OK using Fayette funds to start work for new jail
- Connellsville up for fix-up money
- Dunbar library wants children to ‘dig’ reading for summer fun June to August
- Everson council working on new garbage contract
- Classmates, family, friends celebrate Acme accident victim’s life
- Immaculate Conception Church Festival to be held this weekend
- Cumberland / D.C. trail began as a freight canal