Homeless man held in assault on Perry Township woman
A 29-year-old homeless man is accused of assaulting a woman at her home after dropping off medicine for a child.
Thomas David Gilmore was arrested by state police for allegedly grabbing Jennifer May Axton, 32, by the throat and hitting her in the face along Old Route 51 at 9:24 p.m. Tuesday.
Gilmore was later found at his father's home where he was belligerent and resisted arrest, according to police. Gilmore is charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment before Franklin Township District Judge Dwight K. Shaner.
GIlmore was lodged in the Fayette County jail in lieu of $10,000 bond. A Tuesday preliminary hearing is scheduled.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Dunbar continues clean-up efforts after flood
- Police hunt for North Union shooter