Perryopolis committee seeks participants, sponsors for bicentennial in 2014
Perryopolis Bicentennial Committee Chairwoman Kathleen Kifer is preparing sponsorship letters to be issued to organizations and businesses for support for the 2014 event.
“We met a couple of weeks ago and started working on the sponsorship letter,” Kifer said.
Committee members are discussing how recognition of sponsorship levels would be separated and determined.
“This is something that needs tweaked,” Kifer said of the letter. “There are some things that may have to be changed.”
When the final letter is approved, copies will be sent out.
“I'd like to have this ready for January,” Kifer said.
Businesses and organizations that are interested in sponsorship will be asked to respond by June.
Kifer is seeking volunteers to form a committee that will work on writing and requesting grants. She also is asking for volunteers to form a committee that will research proposed advertisement banners.
“I'd like some people to contact people about the banners and check on quality and cost,” she said.
The committee has discussed the possibility of putting together a video that would highlight the history of the area through photographs.
The bicentennial committee plans a large parade to mark the event. Letters will seek float participants and sponsors.
The next meeting of the committee will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 16.
Marilyn Forbes is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ten Commandments monument in Connellsville moves to church property next to senior high
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Connellsville Chamber to honor Falcon Foundation at Gatsby gala Oct. 24
- Rep. Stefano’s 6th coffee conversation centers on budget impasse, taxes
- Road issues broached in Springfield Township
- Connellsville church’s coffeehouse events in 5th season
- Mt. Zion Community Church to hold revival meeting
- Geibel announces Homecoming court
- With no cases ready, Fayette judge sends jurors home
- Central Fellowship Church in Connellsville welcomes Anderson as pastor
- Buckwheat, pancake supper fundraiser tradition for Ohiopyle firefighters