Dawson man charged with rape
A Dawson man is behind bars after he allegedly had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl in the span of two years.
David Lewis Stewart, 48, of 210 Griscom St. was charged with five counts each of rape, forcible compulsion, unlawful contact with a minor and sexual assault; three counts each of aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault and one count of corruption of a minor at District Judge Dwight Shaner's office on Wednesday.
State police at Belle Vernon reported that between Jan. 31, 2010 and Oct. 13, 2012, Stewart had multiple sexual encounters with a girl who was 14 years old at the time. Police said he would use force to overcome her resistance and touched, kissed and fondled parts of her body.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, Stewart had sexual intercourse with the girl between four and six times when she was 16 years of age without her consent and would use force to overcome her.
Stewart was lodged in the Fayette County Prison with bail set at $100,000.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at Shaner's office.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bullskin election violations end in ARD sentences
- Uniontown woman charged in robbery spree
- Caring volunteers share skills, time
- Geibel Catholic in Connellsville again achieves national academic excellence
- Connellsville Redevelopment Authority has no comment on city’s letter
- Plans being finalized for the Gayle Music Festival in Connellsville
- Classic car, bike show to be held at Connellsville tech center
- Perry Township’s Layton Bridge will close for repairs
- Angels of Mercy stepping up efforts for new Fayette County animal shelter
- Connellsville council looks at burning ordinance
- Another vote against blight planned in Connellsville