Dawson man charged with rape
A Dawson man is behind bars after he allegedly had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl in the span of two years.
David Lewis Stewart, 48, of 210 Griscom St. was charged with five counts each of rape, forcible compulsion, unlawful contact with a minor and sexual assault; three counts each of aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault and one count of corruption of a minor at District Judge Dwight Shaner's office on Wednesday.
State police at Belle Vernon reported that between Jan. 31, 2010 and Oct. 13, 2012, Stewart had multiple sexual encounters with a girl who was 14 years old at the time. Police said he would use force to overcome her resistance and touched, kissed and fondled parts of her body.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, Stewart had sexual intercourse with the girl between four and six times when she was 16 years of age without her consent and would use force to overcome her.
Stewart was lodged in the Fayette County Prison with bail set at $100,000.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at Shaner's office.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville job fair continues to grow
- Connellsville voters in Second Ward to report to new polling location
- Fayette County officer pleads guilty to punching man
- 2 retired state troopers seek Fayette sheriff’s post
- Changes made to annual Fall Foliage Ride on Yough River Trail
- Fayette County candidates to meet with voters for ‘Cookies and Coffee’
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Bullskin Township Historical Society has its own ‘Iron Furnace Man’
- Connellsville church’s coffeehouse events in 5th season
- Connellsville voters in 2nd ward to report to new polling location