Armed man robs Sunoco station in Bullskin
A lone robber armed with a gun robbed a gas station in Bullskin this week.
Uniontown state police released the description of a man who used a handgun at about 6 p.m. Wednesday to hold up the Sunoco on Route 119 South.
The suspect was described as white, in his 40s, with a goatee. He was wearing a nylon stocking over his face when he pulled up to a full-serve gas pump, according to a news release.
From his two-door, burnt-orange car, which was described as similar to a 1990s Pontiac Sunfire, the man pointed the handgun at the attendant, police said.
He told the attendant in a raspy voice, “Give me the money, boy, and there will be no problem,” according to the release.
The attendant turned over $229 in cash to the man, who drove south in the direction of Connellsville, police said.
Paint was peeling from the hood of the car, which was snow-covered and dirty, according to the release.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Uniontown state police at 724-439-7111 and ask for investigating Trooper James Monkelis.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Father-and-son blacksmiths still firing up forge in Farmington
- Uniontown songwriter draws big inspiration from Bigfoot for new CD
- Connellsville foundation preserves local theater treasure
- New HR director in place in Fayette; commissioner remains opposed to hiring
- Dormant Connellsville community committee donates $3.7K
- Warrant issued for Hopwood man accused of burglary
- Connellsville area’s secular, parochial schools push students to excel academically, technologically, leaders say
- Connellsville boasts connections to Hollywood, history-making athletes
- Businesses expected to breathe new life into Connellsville
- Connellsville residents committed to community’s success