Lower Tyrone ax attack being investigated
State police are investigating an assault that occurred Thursday in Lower Tyrone Township.
Police said a man was sent to a Pittsburgh hospital after he was attacked by an assailant with an ax, according to WPXI, the Daily Courier's news partner.
According to WPXI reports, police said someone came after the man with an ax and a baseball bat. The incident occurred after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The victim was transported by medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital.
Investigators have not released the victim's name or medical condition. No further information was available from police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County history could fetch big bucks at Ohio auction
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Connellsville officers get bulletproof vests
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy