Lower Tyrone ax attack being investigated
State police are investigating an assault that occurred Thursday in Lower Tyrone Township.
Police said a man was sent to a Pittsburgh hospital after he was attacked by an assailant with an ax, according to WPXI, the Daily Courier's news partner.
According to WPXI reports, police said someone came after the man with an ax and a baseball bat. The incident occurred after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The victim was transported by medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital.
Investigators have not released the victim's name or medical condition. No further information was available from police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- Connellsville’s ‘Mr. Trombone’ loves his life in small hometown
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville to honor local legend Harold Betters
- Injured logger transported to hospital for treatment
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear