Lower Tyrone ax attack being investigated
State police are investigating an assault that occurred Thursday in Lower Tyrone Township.
Police said a man was sent to a Pittsburgh hospital after he was attacked by an assailant with an ax, according to WPXI, the Daily Courier's news partner.
According to WPXI reports, police said someone came after the man with an ax and a baseball bat. The incident occurred after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The victim was transported by medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital.
Investigators have not released the victim's name or medical condition. No further information was available from police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Post-war ‘welcome’ still stings Vietnam War veteran from Connellsville
- Fayette County men recount fathers’ roles in World War II
- Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant fireworks postponed until Sunday
- Aaron’s building review planned
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Investigation into dropped baby at Uniontown Hospital continues
- Connellsville fireworks display back to riverbank
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Wolf veto rankles Fay-West GOP
- Pam Porterfield: Church events, family reunions, benefits abound in Fayette County
- Uniontown man gets 15-30 years for raping 2 girls