Lower Tyrone ax attack being investigated
State police are investigating an assault that occurred Thursday in Lower Tyrone Township.
Police said a man was sent to a Pittsburgh hospital after he was attacked by an assailant with an ax, according to WPXI, the Daily Courier's news partner.
According to WPXI reports, police said someone came after the man with an ax and a baseball bat. The incident occurred after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The victim was transported by medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital.
Investigators have not released the victim's name or medical condition. No further information was available from police.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- DA’s office recused from Fayette man’s $110K cocaine case
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Fayette County Salary Board adds jobs, OKs additional hirings
- Connellsville Area’s $4.8M budget gap raises specter of layoffs
- Fayette deputy warden asks for more guards
- Porterfield: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company will hold its 15th annual golf outing
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Lineup set for Lions Club’s annual Kids Fest in Connellsville
- Police in Fayette County seek witnesses to motorcycle accident