Lower Tyrone ax attack being investigated
By Daily Courier
Published: Friday, December 28, 2012, 6:28 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, December 29, 2012
State police are investigating an assault that occurred Thursday in Lower Tyrone Township.
Police said a man was sent to a Pittsburgh hospital after he was attacked by an assailant with an ax, according to WPXI, the Daily Courier's news partner.
According to WPXI reports, police said someone came after the man with an ax and a baseball bat. The incident occurred after 10 p.m. Thursday.
The victim was transported by medical helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital.
Investigators have not released the victim's name or medical condition. No further information was available from police.
- Embattled Fayette City mayor wants family money back
- Judge orders review of write-in votes
- Man admits to having, intending to share pot
- Scottdale Business and Professional Women’s Club to have ‘Nite Out’
- Fayette County man dies in 4-vehicle crash
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Bullskin crash
- Hearing continued for party stabbing suspect from North Union
- Dunbar library wants children to ‘dig’ reading for summer fun June to August
- Commissioners OK using Fayette funds to start work for new jail
- C&O Canal Towpath Trail ‘judged’ as great recreation
- Hometown girl returns to Connellsville to perform concert
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.