Joint sewage authority reorganizes
Pat Stefano will remain chairman of the Bullskin Township Connellsville Township Joint Sewage Authority.
At their regular meeting this week, board members also reorganized, keeping John Dilworth as vice chairman and Fred Robbins as secretary/treasurer.
Julie Paull will remain the office manager with the same salary of $30,000 plus benefits. John Cupp will stay on as solicitor at a retainer of $150 a month. Widmer Engineering will remain the engineering firm at a retainer of $200 a month.
There will be no change in fee schedule for customers this year.
Defurio Mongell will remain the insurance carrier. Charleroi Federal will be the authority's depository.
The treasurer's bond was set at $250,000.
Regular meetings will remain at 7:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month. The authority meets in the Dilworth Building along Route 119 in Bullskin Township.
In other business, board members approved a motion to pay RAM Industries $1,021 to replace the phase monitor for one of the pumps at the Moyer Pump Station.
Members also approved a motion to enter into a two-year agreement with First Energy Solutions to provide energy at a cost of 5.89 cents per kilowatt hour.
As soon as the weather breaks, they hope to get a few homes along Poplar Street dye-tested in response to complaints of raw sewage being visible in the area.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville
- Uniontown man charged with rape
- Man shot in leg outside Uniontown apartment
- Fayette veterans to commemorate Pearl Harbor at Uniontown VFW
- Masontown police car vandalized
- Connellsville Canteen to host lecture on American home front during WWII
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Springfield Twp. family thankful despite blaze
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success