Joint sewage authority reorganizes
By Rachel Basinger
Published: Friday, January 4, 2013, 7:34 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 4, 2013
Pat Stefano will remain chairman of the Bullskin Township Connellsville Township Joint Sewage Authority.
At their regular meeting this week, board members also reorganized, keeping John Dilworth as vice chairman and Fred Robbins as secretary/treasurer.
Julie Paull will remain the office manager with the same salary of $30,000 plus benefits. John Cupp will stay on as solicitor at a retainer of $150 a month. Widmer Engineering will remain the engineering firm at a retainer of $200 a month.
There will be no change in fee schedule for customers this year.
Defurio Mongell will remain the insurance carrier. Charleroi Federal will be the authority's depository.
The treasurer's bond was set at $250,000.
Regular meetings will remain at 7:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month. The authority meets in the Dilworth Building along Route 119 in Bullskin Township.
In other business, board members approved a motion to pay RAM Industries $1,021 to replace the phase monitor for one of the pumps at the Moyer Pump Station.
Members also approved a motion to enter into a two-year agreement with First Energy Solutions to provide energy at a cost of 5.89 cents per kilowatt hour.
As soon as the weather breaks, they hope to get a few homes along Poplar Street dye-tested in response to complaints of raw sewage being visible in the area.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Bullskin crash
- Fayette County man dies in 4-vehicle crash
- Hearing continued for party stabbing suspect from North Union
- Everson council working on new garbage contract
- Commissioners OK using county funds to start work for new jail
- Connellsville up for fix-up money
- C&O Canal Towpath Trail ‘judged’ as great recreation
- Dunbar library wants children to ‘dig’ reading for summer fun June to August
- Dawson residents learn ins, outs of dog enforcement
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- Connellsville Lions’ ‘Bike With Bud’s’ planned for Saturday
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.