Armed man robs Fayette County convenience store
State police are investigating an armed robbery at a South Union convenience store.
Police said a man entered the Circle K store on Hopwood-Fairchance Road carrying a black and silver-colored handgun. He demanded money from the clerk on duty around 10:25 p.m., police said.
The man, who was dressed in black clothing, left the store with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Uniontown or Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Salvation Army kicks off annual kettle campaign
- Deer processing fee waived for Hunters Sharing the Harvest participants
- Porterfield: Hunters’ breakfast buffet planned at Mill Run Grille
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Connellsville police investigating vandalism incidents
- Ex-turnpike worker gets 16 years in child porn case
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids