Armed man robs Fayette County convenience store
State police are investigating an armed robbery at a South Union convenience store.
Police said a man entered the Circle K store on Hopwood-Fairchance Road carrying a black and silver-colored handgun. He demanded money from the clerk on duty around 10:25 p.m., police said.
The man, who was dressed in black clothing, left the store with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Uniontown or Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Contest seeks Fayette student entries to name road to jail
- Security tightened at Fayette courthouse; Westmoreland says its procedures are sufficient
- Sirochman: Fayette genealogy workshop planned for Wednesday
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Fayette County Fair up and running
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- Pennsylvania State VFW Post 8543 Band continues to grow
- Lynn: Frazier to offer kindergarten readiness classes
- Export man must register as sex offender
- Residents plan town-hall style meeting on Connellsville’s proposed abandoned building ordinance
- Oglethorpe: A week in the life of a smalltown boy