Honor roll dedication set later this year
The Dawson/Lower Tyrone honor roll committee is planning for a dedication of the Korean/Vietnam era monument in May or June. No exact date has been set, because weather and materials can alter the completion date.
The committee is planning a dedication booklet to commemorate the installation and dedication. Commercial ads will be welcomed as well as private ads and sponsorship lines in the booklet. Ad space will be available by 1⁄8 page, 1⁄4 page, 1⁄2 page or full page. Hopefully, the program will feature a color photograph of the three monuments, as well as a history of the original honor rolls and a chronology of the campaign to have the new monument erected.
To inquire about the program booklet, call 724-529-7298. The committee wishes to thank everyone who has helped in any way with this community effort. We are not there yet, but the goal appears to be closer. Thank you.
Food bank distribution dates for January follow:
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food pantry from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday.
• Produce to the People, held at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Dunbar Township, will distribute food from 10 a.m. until noon, also on Thursday.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Jan. 16. Please remember to bring a box, basket or tote to carry your items home in. Remember, volunteers and donations are always welcome.
If you had your child's photo taken with Santa during the Christmas program at the Brownfield Community Center, they are now ready and can be picked up during regular operating hours.
Just a heads up for parents in the Frazier School District. On Jan. 18, classes will be dismissed early. Dismissal will begin at 12:15 p.m. On Jan. 21, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, classes will be in session. This session will be used as a weather make-up day.
January is National Glaucoma Awareness Month. If you have not had your vision checked in the past year, why not make your appointment now?
If you have something that you want to see here, just give me a call at 724-529-7927, send me an email at email@example.com, or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- South Connellsville mayor charged with transferring gun without council permission
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Man charged with robbing Uniontown service station
- Ticket sales set for Connellsville Area High School annual musical
- 3 donors to match, help ministries reach campaign goal
- Senator opens Connellsville office