Honor roll dedication set later this year
The Dawson/Lower Tyrone honor roll committee is planning for a dedication of the Korean/Vietnam era monument in May or June. No exact date has been set, because weather and materials can alter the completion date.
The committee is planning a dedication booklet to commemorate the installation and dedication. Commercial ads will be welcomed as well as private ads and sponsorship lines in the booklet. Ad space will be available by 1⁄8 page, 1⁄4 page, 1⁄2 page or full page. Hopefully, the program will feature a color photograph of the three monuments, as well as a history of the original honor rolls and a chronology of the campaign to have the new monument erected.
To inquire about the program booklet, call 724-529-7298. The committee wishes to thank everyone who has helped in any way with this community effort. We are not there yet, but the goal appears to be closer. Thank you.
Food bank distribution dates for January follow:
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food pantry from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday.
• Produce to the People, held at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Dunbar Township, will distribute food from 10 a.m. until noon, also on Thursday.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Jan. 16. Please remember to bring a box, basket or tote to carry your items home in. Remember, volunteers and donations are always welcome.
If you had your child's photo taken with Santa during the Christmas program at the Brownfield Community Center, they are now ready and can be picked up during regular operating hours.
Just a heads up for parents in the Frazier School District. On Jan. 18, classes will be dismissed early. Dismissal will begin at 12:15 p.m. On Jan. 21, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, classes will be in session. This session will be used as a weather make-up day.
January is National Glaucoma Awareness Month. If you have not had your vision checked in the past year, why not make your appointment now?
If you have something that you want to see here, just give me a call at 724-529-7927, send me an email at email@example.com, or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County man dies in motorcycle accident
- Fayette man challenges charges filed by Connellsville police officer, now under indictment
- Fayette County area graduates gather for Golden Reunion
- Gulf War veteran restores Uniontown mansion
- Washington County native to lead Farmington arts center
- Connellsville board set to tackle budget
- Army unit reunites to honor fallen comrade in Uniontown
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- Vanderbilt council addresses abandoned homes, parking
- Civil War Festival preparations set
- Connellsville WWII veteran recalls close calls as a bomber navigator