Honor roll dedication set later this year
The Dawson/Lower Tyrone honor roll committee is planning for a dedication of the Korean/Vietnam era monument in May or June. No exact date has been set, because weather and materials can alter the completion date.
The committee is planning a dedication booklet to commemorate the installation and dedication. Commercial ads will be welcomed as well as private ads and sponsorship lines in the booklet. Ad space will be available by 1⁄8 page, 1⁄4 page, 1⁄2 page or full page. Hopefully, the program will feature a color photograph of the three monuments, as well as a history of the original honor rolls and a chronology of the campaign to have the new monument erected.
To inquire about the program booklet, call 724-529-7298. The committee wishes to thank everyone who has helped in any way with this community effort. We are not there yet, but the goal appears to be closer. Thank you.
Food bank distribution dates for January follow:
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt will hold its monthly food pantry from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday.
• Produce to the People, held at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Dunbar Township, will distribute food from 10 a.m. until noon, also on Thursday.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Jan. 16. Please remember to bring a box, basket or tote to carry your items home in. Remember, volunteers and donations are always welcome.
If you had your child's photo taken with Santa during the Christmas program at the Brownfield Community Center, they are now ready and can be picked up during regular operating hours.
Just a heads up for parents in the Frazier School District. On Jan. 18, classes will be dismissed early. Dismissal will begin at 12:15 p.m. On Jan. 21, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, classes will be in session. This session will be used as a weather make-up day.
January is National Glaucoma Awareness Month. If you have not had your vision checked in the past year, why not make your appointment now?
If you have something that you want to see here, just give me a call at 724-529-7927, send me an email at email@example.com, or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Connellsville walkers get dose of railroad talk, tracing trains’ track
- 30 days to decide fate of WCVI
- Fayette County communities proceed with proposed land bank to fight blight
- Fayette SPCA closure causes void
- Area Scouts earn badge at Connellsville airport
- Fayette man accused of taking tools from garage for drugs
- Lions Square Summer Concert Series will conclude Sunday
- Connellsville woman challenges residents to help displaced animals
- Deadly road collapse in Fayette County gets temporary fix
- Connellsville Health Board revisits proposed blight ordinance