South Union Township government reorganizes for 2013
Township government reorganizes for 2013
Supervisor Thomas Frankhouser was elected as chairman of the board of supervisors in South Union Township this week.
He was also named assistant treasurer, Southwest Regional Tax Bureau representative and Fayette County Tax Collection Committee delegate.
Supervisor Rick Vernon was elected as vice chairman, treasurer, alternative representative for the Southwest Regional Tax Bureau, alternative delegate with the Fayette County Tax Collection Committee and a delegate and voting delegate to the PSATS' Annual Educational Conference.
Supervisor Bob Schiffbauer was elected as secretary, alternative representative for the Southwest Regional Tax Bureau and alternative delegate with the Fayette County Tax Collection Committee.
All three supervisors were appointed as roadmasters.
Shauna Frankhouser was appointed as assistant secretary; James Davis with Davis & Davis was appointed as the township solicitor for a retainer of $6,000 per year plus $200 per hour; Simon John was appointed as the zoning hearing board solicitor at an hourly rate of $17; Charles Scott was appointed as a member of the vacancy board; United Bank was appointed as the depository for township funds.
Connie Belle was elected as the chairwoman of the board of auditors. Marty Reagan was elected as secretary.
Surety bond of township funds was set at $1 million; compensation for Schiffbauer as secretary was set at $8,500 per year; compensation for Vernon as treasurer was set at $8,500 per year and compensation for Frankhouser as assistant treasurer was set at $8,500 per year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Area Scouts earn badge at Connellsville airport
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival