Perryopolis making plans to dig up time capsule
By Marilyn Forbes
Published: Friday, January 25, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, January 25, 2013
The Perryopolis Area Bicentennial Committee is making plans to dig up a time capsule buried in 1964.
Tentative date for the time capsule to be dug up is June 18.
It will kick off the annual firemen's fair.
The time capsule was buried for the town' sesquicentennial. A new one will be buried for the bicentennial which will be celebrated in July 2014.
“That way it will be close to a year ahead of time and it will bring some people around,” said Kathleen Pirilla Kifer, chairman of the bicentennial planning committee.
The committee is currently preparing a sponsorship letter which will be sent out to businesses and organizations.
The Perryopolis Area Bicentennial Committee is a sub-group of the Perryopolis Area Heritage Society and all donations in the form of a check must be made out to the Heritage Society.
“It can read that we are under the auspice of the Heritage Society and they can put bicentennial committee on the memo line,” Kifer said.
The committee also decided to create a new website that will focus solely on plans for the bicentennial.
Marilyn Forbes is a freelance writer.
- Dunbar library wants children to ‘dig’ reading for summer fun June to August
- Connellsville up for fix-up money
- Hearing continued for party stabbing suspect
- Everson council working on new garbage contract
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Bullskin crash
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- Commissioners OK using county funds to start work for new jail
- C&O Canal Towpath Trail ‘judged’ as great recreation
- Fayette County man dies in 4-vehicle crash
- Connellsville Lions’ ‘Bike With Bud’s’ planned for Saturday
- Dawson residents learn ins, outs of dog enforcement
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.