Man accused of raping boy he was caring for
A Uniontown man was arrested Friday on charges he allegedly raped a 12-year-old boy he was baby-sitting in November.
City police filed numerous counts of rape, sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, distribution of obscene materials and corruption of minors against Joseph S. Drohn, 35, of 9 Shellie St.
Drohn was arraigned Friday before District Judge Michael Metros and is in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $100,000 bond.
Detective Donald Gmitter wrote in an affidavit that the boy and his mother came to the police station on Jan. 2.
The woman said that the boy had recently disclosed that Drohn was sexually abusing him. She said Drohn baby-sat the boy and his sister while she worked.
The boy told police that after his sister went to bed, Drohn “would drag him downstairs, make him watch pornographic movies with him, and then force the boy to touch him.”
The boy said the assaults recently had escalated to include rape. The child said Drohn would look at pornography and download pornographic movies on the Internet via the boy's Xbox.
The woman said she had recently noticed several pornographic movies had been charged to her cable account, corresponding with dates that Drohn was baby-sitting her children.
Gmitter said the boy underwent a forensic interview at A Child's Place at UPMC Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh, where he repeated his statement.
“(The boy) said he was threatened not to tell anyone about the sexual acts or he would get hurt,” Gmitter wrote.
Drohn faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday before Metros.
Mary Pickels is a reporter for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville man admitted drinking, fighting with victim before deadly 2013 crash, trooper testifies
- Fayette County judge refuses to dismiss dragging case against Hiller man
- Connellsville burning rules set to kick in
- Connellsville Area High School Chamber Ensemble awaiting word on sing-off
- Inaugural food, toy drive slated for Connellsville
- Everson volunteer firefighters set to sell hoagies
- Fallen Perryopolis police officer chased his dream
- Stanley Cup coming to Ice Mine in Dunbar Township
- Perryopolis police officer dies in Route 51 crash
- Connellsville man ready to cash in on discovery coin
- Fayette inmate represents self at hearing