Man taken into custody at Connellsville grocery store
State police at Uniontown took a man into custody on Friday afternoon at the Connellsville Shop ‘n Save after he allegedly made threats to police.
The incident occurred just after 2:30 p.m.
Connellsville City Police were on scene. South Connellsville police were dispatched to the scene but canceled before arrival.
State police spokesperson Trooper Stefani A. Plume said the man was in custody and no shots were fired. As of presstime, no further information was available from state police.
Connellsville police had no information since the call originated with state police.
Management at the local store said shortly after the man was taken into custody that they had no idea at the time what was happening.
Shopper Beverly Soisson of Connellsville was inside the store at the time when she said a number of police officers rushed in and headed toward the back of the store, instructing Soisson and other shoppers to gather in the front of the store.
One man, who wished not to be identified, said he heard that someone had run into the store and was hiding in a back room in the store.
“With all the shootings going on, I'm shaking like a leaf,” Soisson said.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Perryopolis going greener
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Springfield Halloween parades set for Saturday
- Halloween fun fills Connellsville community center
- Sheetz to expand in Bullskin
- Fayette County workers approve new contract
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- Statements to stand in Connellsville High School athlete’s slaying