Man taken into custody at Connellsville grocery store
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Friday, January 11, 2013, 8:26 p.m.
Updated: Friday, January 11, 2013
State police at Uniontown took a man into custody on Friday afternoon at the Connellsville Shop ‘n Save after he allegedly made threats to police.
The incident occurred just after 2:30 p.m.
Connellsville City Police were on scene. South Connellsville police were dispatched to the scene but canceled before arrival.
State police spokesperson Trooper Stefani A. Plume said the man was in custody and no shots were fired. As of presstime, no further information was available from state police.
Connellsville police had no information since the call originated with state police.
Management at the local store said shortly after the man was taken into custody that they had no idea at the time what was happening.
Shopper Beverly Soisson of Connellsville was inside the store at the time when she said a number of police officers rushed in and headed toward the back of the store, instructing Soisson and other shoppers to gather in the front of the store.
One man, who wished not to be identified, said he heard that someone had run into the store and was hiding in a back room in the store.
“With all the shootings going on, I'm shaking like a leaf,” Soisson said.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3539.
- 4 Fayette County positions at stake in primary
- Dawson council, VFD members to meet
- Historic ferry could become idled
- Connellsville, Scottdale to host farmers markets this summer
- Connellsville mayoral candidate Joshua DeWitt held for trial in chop shop case
- Connellsville High students, agency clear 2 dump sites in Upper Tyrone
- DeWitt claims politics played into charges against him
- Fayette County Hall of Fame names 5th class
- City’s financial status under debate
- Upper Tyrone family helps pet overcome paralysis
- Believe In Connellsville pushes patriotic theme
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.