Man taken into custody at Connellsville grocery store
State police at Uniontown took a man into custody on Friday afternoon at the Connellsville Shop ‘n Save after he allegedly made threats to police.
The incident occurred just after 2:30 p.m.
Connellsville City Police were on scene. South Connellsville police were dispatched to the scene but canceled before arrival.
State police spokesperson Trooper Stefani A. Plume said the man was in custody and no shots were fired. As of presstime, no further information was available from state police.
Connellsville police had no information since the call originated with state police.
Management at the local store said shortly after the man was taken into custody that they had no idea at the time what was happening.
Shopper Beverly Soisson of Connellsville was inside the store at the time when she said a number of police officers rushed in and headed toward the back of the store, instructing Soisson and other shoppers to gather in the front of the store.
One man, who wished not to be identified, said he heard that someone had run into the store and was hiding in a back room in the store.
“With all the shootings going on, I'm shaking like a leaf,” Soisson said.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- Uniontown robbery suspect admitted guilt, detective testifies
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Lower Tyrone fall cleanup scheduled for Thursday
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings