Connellsville chamber seeking award nominees
The Greater Connellsville Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its annual awards, presented to individuals or groups who believe in Connellsville and who are dedicated to improving the area.
The categories are Distinguished Citizen, Community Service (Individual and Group), Beautification and the Athena Award.
“It is important for everyone to think about the categories, and if they know someone in our community who stands out in any of them, to nominate that person,” Chamber President Bill Fiesta said.
“There are outstanding citizens around Connellsville who are volunteering or helping out in many positive ways. We want to be able to recognize them for what they do, even though we know those folks are never doing what they do for recognition.”
Nomination forms are available at the Chamber office, 923 W. Crawford Ave., or online at www.greaterconnellsville.org. Deadline for submission is Jan. 25.
The chamber has existed for more than 80 years in Connellsville. The organization is designed to promote community growth and development; promote economic programs within the trade area; promote programs of a civic, social and cultural nature; and recognize the strengths of individuals and groups who also expound these beliefs.
The award winners will be recognized during a dinner on Feb. 26 at the Pleasant Valley Country Club.
“The annual chamber awards dinner is an opportunity for us to recognize those groups and individuals who go out of their way to make our community a better place to live, work and play,” said Bryan Kisiel, Chamber immediate past president and current treasurer. “So when you take just a minute to stop and think about all the good things around our community this past year, remember that there is someone or several someones behind the scenes that you should nominate to give us a chance to say thank you!
“Wonderful things don't get done without someone doing them and that includes you taking a few minutes to nominate those deserving of a small, but humble pat on the back.”
Anyone who would like to attend the awards dinner should RSVP to the chamber by calling 724-628-5500.
Nancy Henry is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Township VFD given $61,750 Homeland Security grant
- Geibel announces homecoming court
- Tangled Up in Brew beer festival returns to Connellsville
- York Avenue Bridge could remain 1 lane for 3-5 years
- WCVI owner: Building not that bad
- Uniontown man to stand trial on drug, gun charges
- Car, bike show to outfit South Connellsville police
- Apple Dumpling Festival planned at Connellsville Presbyterian Church
- Project Talent fills Connellsville community center with creepy things
- Fayette County officials respond to complaints about jail
- ‘Zombieville’ rises again for Connellsville 5K race