Florida man accused in 2000-2004 rapes in Fayette County
Published: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
A Florida man who was 13 years old when police said he sexually assaulted a young Fayette County girl is charged as an adult with rape.
In addition, Brandon Lee Bosley, 26, of 7515 Cumber Drive, New Port Richey, Fla., is charged with aggravated indecent assault, statutory sexual assault, indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child and unlawful contact with a minor.
In a criminal complaint, Trooper Daniel Boyd of state police at Uniontown said the assaults occurred between January 2000 and August 2004 at two locations in German Township. The victim, who is now an adult, told police Bosley sexually assaulted her more than 80 times when she was between the ages of 6 and 10.
The woman told police Bosley never threatened her, but she was afraid to tell anyone. She recently told her mother, police said, “because it has been bothering her for so long.”
The woman and her mother went to the Uniontown barracks on Jan. 9 to report the alleged assaults.
District Attorney Jack Heneks said Bosley is charged as an adult because he is now over age 17, and the juvenile justice system no longer has jurisdiction.
Bosley is wanted on an arrest warrant. Charges with Masontown District Judge Randy Abraham.
- Fayette charity on a mission
- Communities set Memorial Day events
- Juried show shines spotlight on region’s artists
- Dunbar Community Fest keeps with ornament fundraiser
- Uniontown woman’s WAC service helped her meet life’s many challenges
- Two men sought in Fayette pizza shop robbery
- Stretch of Route 43 in North Union dedicated to veterans
- Dunbar, Vanderbilt plan Monday services
- Tri-Town Historical Society makes plans for homecoming
- Connellsville woman charged in stabbing
- Judge agrees to step aside in death penalty proceeding
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.