2 sought in Fayette pizza shop robbery
State police are seeking the public's help to identify two men who held up a pizza shop in German Township Thursday.
Police said the two men, who wore ski masks to cover their faces, entered Fox's Pizza at 777 McClellandtown Road and demanded cash about 8:30 p.m. Both threatened employees with handguns, according to police.
The robbers fled with an undisclosed amount of money.
One robber is described as 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He wore a black ski mask, a black hooded sweatshirt, dark colored jeans and black gloves. Police said he threatened the employee with a black revolver type of handgun with a wooden handle.
The second suspect is described as about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with a thin build. He wore a blue ski mask, a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, an orange or red sweatshirt and purple latex gloves. He carried a black, semi-automatic handgun.
Troopers believe that the robbery may be related to the hold-up on Tuesday at Sweet Pea's convenience store in German, about 1 mile away. Two men wearing similar disguises fled on an all-terrain vehicle following that robbery.
Anyone with information on either robbery is asked to telephone Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Highlands Hospital reports strong 2014
- Home invasion suspect from Uniontown guilty
- Flooding hits streams, basements
- Program recognizes Connellsville Career and Technical Center students
- Connellsville planners OK hotel proposal
- Local lawmakers question Wolf’s budget plan
- Uniontown woman testifies she feared for life in robbery
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- Man admits to posing as doctor to con Nemacolin resort
- Connellsville Recreation Board looks for more choices at Movies at East Park
- ‘Hairspray Jr.’ comes to Connellsville