2 sought in Fayette pizza shop robbery
Published: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 26, 2013
State police are seeking the public's help to identify two men who held up a pizza shop in German Township Thursday.
Police said the two men, who wore ski masks to cover their faces, entered Fox's Pizza at 777 McClellandtown Road and demanded cash about 8:30 p.m. Both threatened employees with handguns, according to police.
The robbers fled with an undisclosed amount of money.
One robber is described as 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He wore a black ski mask, a black hooded sweatshirt, dark colored jeans and black gloves. Police said he threatened the employee with a black revolver type of handgun with a wooden handle.
The second suspect is described as about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with a thin build. He wore a blue ski mask, a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, an orange or red sweatshirt and purple latex gloves. He carried a black, semi-automatic handgun.
Troopers believe that the robbery may be related to the hold-up on Tuesday at Sweet Pea's convenience store in German, about 1 mile away. Two men wearing similar disguises fled on an all-terrain vehicle following that robbery.
Anyone with information on either robbery is asked to telephone Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or go to email@example.com.
- Laurel Highlands academic quiz team awaits results of state competition
- Uniontown teacher makes the grade
- Trust’s Golden Reunion rolls out welcome mat
- Connellsville airport will remain open
- Historic ferry could become idled
- DeWitt claims politics played into charges against him
- Kula holds hearings on Small Games of Chance law
- Former Mill Run man to be tried for rape
- Geibel names 2013’s top students
- Uniontown police investigate shooting injury
- 5 vie for 4 open seats on Frazier board
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.