2 sought in Fayette pizza shop robbery
State police are seeking the public's help to identify two men who held up a pizza shop in German Township Thursday.
Police said the two men, who wore ski masks to cover their faces, entered Fox's Pizza at 777 McClellandtown Road and demanded cash about 8:30 p.m. Both threatened employees with handguns, according to police.
The robbers fled with an undisclosed amount of money.
One robber is described as 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He wore a black ski mask, a black hooded sweatshirt, dark colored jeans and black gloves. Police said he threatened the employee with a black revolver type of handgun with a wooden handle.
The second suspect is described as about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with a thin build. He wore a blue ski mask, a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, an orange or red sweatshirt and purple latex gloves. He carried a black, semi-automatic handgun.
Troopers believe that the robbery may be related to the hold-up on Tuesday at Sweet Pea's convenience store in German, about 1 mile away. Two men wearing similar disguises fled on an all-terrain vehicle following that robbery.
Anyone with information on either robbery is asked to telephone Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Daily Courier accepting gifts for Holiday Gift Club
- Geibel students help with Thanksgiving drive
- Connellsville-area kids encouraged to decorate city’s Christmas tree with handmade ornaments
- Christmas in the Park takes place Saturday in Connellsville
- Uniontown man charged with taking $16K from PTO
- Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam
- Connellsville posts $174K deficit
- State police probe alleged plot targeting educators in Brownsville