2 sought in Fayette pizza shop robbery
State police are seeking the public's help to identify two men who held up a pizza shop in German Township Thursday.
Police said the two men, who wore ski masks to cover their faces, entered Fox's Pizza at 777 McClellandtown Road and demanded cash about 8:30 p.m. Both threatened employees with handguns, according to police.
The robbers fled with an undisclosed amount of money.
One robber is described as 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He wore a black ski mask, a black hooded sweatshirt, dark colored jeans and black gloves. Police said he threatened the employee with a black revolver type of handgun with a wooden handle.
The second suspect is described as about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with a thin build. He wore a blue ski mask, a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, an orange or red sweatshirt and purple latex gloves. He carried a black, semi-automatic handgun.
Troopers believe that the robbery may be related to the hold-up on Tuesday at Sweet Pea's convenience store in German, about 1 mile away. Two men wearing similar disguises fled on an all-terrain vehicle following that robbery.
Anyone with information on either robbery is asked to telephone Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Connellsville council expected to set budget meetings
- Ambrosini won’t give up on new prison for Fayette County
- New consignment store specializes in dance, formal wear