Connellsville man faces child pornography charges
A Fayette County man was arrested on Friday on child pornography charges after state investigators said they used special software to find him.
Todd Carbonara, 29, of 1132 Sycamore St., Connellsville, is accused of possessing and distributing child pornography.
Investigators from the state Attorney General's office said they used software to detect computers in the state that share child pornography.
Agents allegedly noticed dozens of files being shared online by a computer in Carbonara's residence.
At least three videos on his computer showed minors between the ages of 4 and 11 engaged in graphic sexual activity, investigators said.
Agents searched Carbonara's residence and seized his computer and compact discs, according to a news release. State police assisted in the investigation.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled for Carbonara, who faces four counts of possessing child pornography, three counts of distributing child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
The case will be prosecuted in Fayette County by Deputy Attorney General Anthony Marmo of the child predator unit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Additional charges filed in Connellsville vandalism case
- Connellsville’s Porter Theater to present ‘Seven Brides’
- Ceremony, parade mark start of 61st annual Fayette County Fair
- Connellsville Lions Club concert series continues through Sept. 6
- Fayette County doctor expects to go to prison in prescription scheme
- 3 taken into custody after shots fired at East Park in Connellsville
- Fayette man gets house arrest in prescription painkiller scheme
- North Fayette municipal authority awaits study on water
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Fayette warden wants to add 8 full-timers
- Woman accused of stabbing man at Fayette housing complex