Connellsville man faces child pornography charges
Published: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 26, 2013
A Fayette County man was arrested on Friday on child pornography charges after state investigators said they used special software to find him.
Todd Carbonara, 29, of 1132 Sycamore St., Connellsville, is accused of possessing and distributing child pornography.
Investigators from the state Attorney General's office said they used software to detect computers in the state that share child pornography.
Agents allegedly noticed dozens of files being shared online by a computer in Carbonara's residence.
At least three videos on his computer showed minors between the ages of 4 and 11 engaged in graphic sexual activity, investigators said.
Agents searched Carbonara's residence and seized his computer and compact discs, according to a news release. State police assisted in the investigation.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled for Carbonara, who faces four counts of possessing child pornography, three counts of distributing child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
The case will be prosecuted in Fayette County by Deputy Attorney General Anthony Marmo of the child predator unit.
- Charleroi-based firm lands day reporting center contract
- Kasunic wins district judge nominations
- Historic Mon ferryboat might be making last trip between Fayette, Washington
- Constable discovers marijuana plants on porch of Uniontown residence
- East Huntingdon pharmacy robbery suspect arraigned for 5 other robberies
- Finley’s Fighters chooses Geibel student’s logo
- Laurel Highlands academic quiz team awaits results of state competition
- Connellsville Industrial Enterprises dissolving, showering nonprofits with donations
- Trust’s Golden Reunion rolls out welcome mat
- Uniontown teacher makes the grade
- Kula holds hearings on Small Games of Chance law
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.