Connellsville man faces child pornography charges
A Fayette County man was arrested on Friday on child pornography charges after state investigators said they used special software to find him.
Todd Carbonara, 29, of 1132 Sycamore St., Connellsville, is accused of possessing and distributing child pornography.
Investigators from the state Attorney General's office said they used software to detect computers in the state that share child pornography.
Agents allegedly noticed dozens of files being shared online by a computer in Carbonara's residence.
At least three videos on his computer showed minors between the ages of 4 and 11 engaged in graphic sexual activity, investigators said.
Agents searched Carbonara's residence and seized his computer and compact discs, according to a news release. State police assisted in the investigation.
A preliminary hearing will be scheduled for Carbonara, who faces four counts of possessing child pornography, three counts of distributing child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility.
The case will be prosecuted in Fayette County by Deputy Attorney General Anthony Marmo of the child predator unit.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Canteen displays dish out pieces of Connellsville history
- Man injured in North Union fire
- Patsy Cline tribute coming to Connellsville theater
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Porterfield: Donegal Christian school plans blood drive
- Supervisor testifies in trial of woman charged in deadly North Union crash
- Ticket sales set for Connellsville Area High School annual musical
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Major storm skips past Fay-West area