Wendy's restaurant workers foil robbery in South Union
State police are looking for a man who tried to rob a Wendy's through the drive-through window on Sunday.
The man, driving a burgundy vehicle with a sunroof, pulled up to the window about 4:50 p.m. at the restaurant on West Main Street in South Union, police said.
He “ordered the workers to give ... money,” said police spokeswoman Stefani Plume. “The workers shut the drive-through window.”
The man drove off. He's described as a white man wearing an Under Armour shirt around his face, a black hat and a black and gold hooded sweatshirt with a stripe on the hood.
Plume said the incident could be related to a robbery about 5:15 p.m. Saturday at a McDonald's in Redstone Township. There's no evidence linking the two, she said, but the incidents were close together.
A man armed with what appeared to be a semiautomatic handgun held up the McDonald's on Roberts Road.
Police said he is white, 20 to 30 years old, wearing a dark mask, a black hat, a black coat and dark-colored pants. He fled in a reddish, four-door vehicle with a sunroof.
Anyone with information regarding the Wendy's incident is asked to call state police in Uniontown at 724-439-7111. Anyone with information about the McDonald's robbery is asked to call state police in Belle Vernon at 724-929-6262.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- Fayette dad’s appeal denied in 2012 conviction
- Ticket sales set for Connellsville Area High School annual musical