North Union woman stabbed to death; Uniontown man arrested
A North Union woman was stabbed to death in her mobile home Monday, and a Uniontown man was arrested for the homicide, state police at Uniontown said.
Henry Clay Crawford, 56, is accused of murdering Lisa Faye Tupta, 49, of 326 Easter St., Holiday Mobile Home Park, police said. State police did not release any information about the charges that Crawford faces in Tupta's death.
Fayette County Coroner Dr. Philip Reilly pronounced Tupta dead at Uniontown Hospital at 7:27 p.m., due to stab wounds she received during the assault, police said.
Tupta was bleeding severely from stab wounds in the neck and abdomen when police rushed into her mobile home and found her on a couch, state police said.
Police said they were notified at 3:50 p.m. that a man had kicked in the main door of Tupta's residence. The suspect ran for the rear door when police arrived and was holding a knife when he opened the mobile home's rear door. Police said they entered the mobile home and found Crawford hiding in a closet in a rear bedroom.
Crawford also was transported to Uniontown Hospital for treatment of wounds. Police did not reveal the nature of his injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Canteen displays dish out pieces of Connellsville history
- Man injured in North Union fire
- Patsy Cline tribute coming to Connellsville theater
- Storm watch in effect for Sunday, Monday in Fayette County
- Gaming proceeds fund emergency units
- Connellsville finances discussed
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Geibel distributes new computers to each student
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- Fayette County zoning board considers proposed resort in Dunbar Township
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville