North Union woman stabbed to death; Uniontown man arrested
A North Union woman was stabbed to death in her mobile home Monday, and a Uniontown man was arrested for the homicide, state police at Uniontown said.
Henry Clay Crawford, 56, is accused of murdering Lisa Faye Tupta, 49, of 326 Easter St., Holiday Mobile Home Park, police said. State police did not release any information about the charges that Crawford faces in Tupta's death.
Fayette County Coroner Dr. Philip Reilly pronounced Tupta dead at Uniontown Hospital at 7:27 p.m., due to stab wounds she received during the assault, police said.
Tupta was bleeding severely from stab wounds in the neck and abdomen when police rushed into her mobile home and found her on a couch, state police said.
Police said they were notified at 3:50 p.m. that a man had kicked in the main door of Tupta's residence. The suspect ran for the rear door when police arrived and was holding a knife when he opened the mobile home's rear door. Police said they entered the mobile home and found Crawford hiding in a closet in a rear bedroom.
Crawford also was transported to Uniontown Hospital for treatment of wounds. Police did not reveal the nature of his injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets