North Union woman stabbed to death; Uniontown man arrested
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, 11:48 p.m.
A North Union woman was stabbed to death in her mobile home Monday, and a Uniontown man was arrested for the homicide, state police at Uniontown said.
Henry Clay Crawford, 56, is accused of murdering Lisa Faye Tupta, 49, of 326 Easter St., Holiday Mobile Home Park, police said. State police did not release any information about the charges that Crawford faces in Tupta's death.
Fayette County Coroner Dr. Philip Reilly pronounced Tupta dead at Uniontown Hospital at 7:27 p.m., due to stab wounds she received during the assault, police said.
Tupta was bleeding severely from stab wounds in the neck and abdomen when police rushed into her mobile home and found her on a couch, state police said.
Police said they were notified at 3:50 p.m. that a man had kicked in the main door of Tupta's residence. The suspect ran for the rear door when police arrived and was holding a knife when he opened the mobile home's rear door. Police said they entered the mobile home and found Crawford hiding in a closet in a rear bedroom.
Crawford also was transported to Uniontown Hospital for treatment of wounds. Police did not reveal the nature of his injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer
- UFO, Bigfoot encounters to be discussed at Connellsville library program
- Recording studio joins Connellsville community center’s growing artist enclave
- Closure of West Side News shocks previous owners
- Mt. Pleasant man charged in 2 Connellsville robberies