Tickets on sale for CAHS musical
Tickets go on sale Tuesday for the Connellsville Area High School musical production of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.”
The show is based on the biblical story of Joseph and his coat of many colors found in the Book of Genesis. Joseph's 11 brothers are jealous of him and his coat, which is a symbol of their father's preference of him. Joseph experiences dreams of one day ruling over his brothers. To prevent the dream from becoming reality, the brothers sell Joseph as a slave to passing Ishmaelites who take him to Egypt. They tell their father that Joseph is dead.
All the while, Joseph is living in Egypt as a servant. Eventually his gift of interpreting dreams puts him in favor with Pharaoh and Joseph becomes the second-most powerful man in Egypt. A great famine results in Joseph coming face-to-face with his brothers once again.
The musical will be a chance to showcase the new auditorium and stage that seats 1,318 people, will feature new sound and lighting equipment, a new ceiling to improve acoustics, is handicapped-accessible and the stage will be 15 feet deeper.
“We'll be able to have larger dance numbers and get closer with the audience,” said Tyler Shultz in the role of Potiphar and Reuben. “There's a lot more room.”
“It's gorgeous. It's huge. There's a lot of space for dancing,” said Marina Stefano in the role of Mrs. Potiphar and added that the new stage is perfect for this year's musical, which is upbeat, full of dancing and never stops.
“It practically has any genre of song, “ said Zach Donato, who plays the role of Pharaoh.
Rehearsals for the musical started in January with stage rehearsals beginning sometime last week under the direction of director/producer Henry Molinaro.
The performance dates will be 7:30 p.m. March 7, 8 and 9 and 2 p.m. March 10.
Tickets will go on sale to the public Tuesday through March 10 at the ticket office in the visitors center in front of the high school. The ticket office will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The office will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday during the week of the show.
Tickets will be $10 each for the March 7 show and $12 each for the remaining shows.
To order tickets by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope Attn: Lynne Ritenour, Musical Tickets, Connellsville High School, 201 Falcon Drive, Connellsville, PA 15425. Enclose a check for the total number of tickets payable to the Connellsville Area School District. A phone number is asked to be included in the correspondence.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County residents warned muggy weather could cause health problems
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Former Fayette commissioner plans run as independent
- Uniontown homicide suspect says high blood sugar level should negate statements to police
- Attempted homicide charge dropped in Bullskin bat beating, but man held for trial on other counts
- North Fayette municipal authority awaits study on water
- Connellsville Health Board discusses rundown properties
- Police group to host Bicycle Poker Ride
- Hundreds to participate in Nicholson Memorial Bike Run to benefit cancer patients
- North Union strip mall fire contained to drug, alcohol treatment center
- 3 charged in Fayette County shooting