Dawson firefighters to meet Monday
The Dawson Volunteer Fire Company will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in its station. All members are urged to attend. Dues for calendar year 2013 are now due.
Food pantry distribution dates for the month of February are: East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt and Produce to the People (held at the Fayette County Fairgrounds) will take place from 10 a.m. until noon Feb. 14. Leisenring Presbyterian Church will hold its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Feb. 20.
Dunbar Township supervisors will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in the township building. All Dunbar Township residents are welcome to attend.
Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Feb. 11 in the borough building. Borough residents are welcome to attend.
Feb. 13 is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.
Feb. 14 is Valentine's Day. Be sure to remember your sweetheart on this special day.
Just a heads up for parents in the Frazier School District. There will be no school in the district on Feb. 15. This will be an in-service day and parent/teacher conferences will be held.
Feb. 18 is Presidents' Day. Most area schools, banks, post offices and all government offices will be closed for this holiday.
February is National Heart Month. This month might be a great time to schedule your annual check up just to make sure that the old ticker is working properly. If diagnosed early, many health issues such as heart attack and stroke can be avoided or treated.
February is also African American History Month. Please take the time to talk to your children and grandchildren about the role that African Americans have played in the history of our great nation. Teach them about the contributions made by such great Americans as Rosa Parks, George Washington Carver and Martin Luther King Jr. as well as others.
I want to take this opportunity to wish my son Earl a very happy 25th birthday. Earl will celebrate his birthday on Tuesday. He has struggled to achieve even the smallest bit of success all of his life. Dude, we are so proud of you and your accomplishments and we love you very much.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Connellsville native Stafford remembered for her generosity
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- $1.2M flowing to Connellsville through partnership program
- ‘Bank at the Train Station’ to hold grand opening Saturday
- ‘Halloween Nights’ planned at Connellsville tech center
- Jobs are focus in 52nd District House race in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Connellsville honors the late Ralph Wombacker
- Connellsville’s ‘Mr. Trombone’ loves his life in small hometown
- Connellsville to honor local legend Harold Betters
- Connellsville’s Carnegie Free Library to turn into ‘Scary Library’ on Saturday