Bed and breakfast planned for Connellsville
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 7:42 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 5, 2013
The Connellsville Planning Commission on Tuesday approved the site plan for a proposed bed and breakfast in the city.
Connellsville City Councilman Tom Karpiak told the board about his plans to convert the former New Haven Collectables at 806 W. Crawford Ave. into a bed and breakfast.
“It's for the transient bike-trail people,” Karpiak said.
Karpiak said no further construction will be needed for the proposed six-room bed and breakfast, which does not yet have a name.
Each bedroom will have its own bathroom and shower.
Only breakfast will be provided to the guests.
No parking will be added. Vehicles would have to park on the street, but Karpiak said most of the guests will be arriving on bicycle.
The board approved the site review, which will be sent to the county for final approval.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3539.
- Longtime Perryopolis councilman loses bid
- Dunbar Township incumbent wins nomination
- Southmoreland newcomer Shipley top Democratic vote-getter
- Connellsville prepares for worst-case scenario
- Cordaro, George Jr. top ballots for judge
- Uniontown board votes to keep half-day academic system
- Big holiday weekend in Connellsville arrives with plenty of events
- Dawson council approves land sale to VFC
- Finley’s Fighters chooses Geibel student’s logo
- Lincoln takes primary
- 5 advance in school board race
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.