Connellsville woman accused in credit card theft
A Connellsville woman allegedly stole credit cards and a check belonging to her parents and used them to purchase nearly $12,000 worth of items at various locations.
Cindy Marie Lowry, 28, of 178 Medsger Road, was arraigned Feb. 5 on charges of forgery, three counts of theft by unlawful taking, access device fraud and receiving stolen property before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Between Oct. 22 and Dec. 23, Lowry reportedly stole two debit cards and a check from her parents' residence. She used her father's PNC Bank card for his job 87 times, for a total of $9,636.57.
Among purchases made were 43 at Riser's Pub in Connellsville for $7,011.59; 18 at Connellsville Sheetz for $703.28; four at Connellsville McDonald's for $77.46; five at Mt. Pleasant CVS Pharmacy for $487.73; two at Valley Dairy Restaurant in Connellsville for $97.21; two at Mt. Pleasant Wal-Mart for $48.57; one at Heavy Hand Tattoo in Greensburg for $215; one at Mt. Pleasant Fashion Bug for $54.80; two at an Aaron store for $189.94; and one at a Rent-A-Center for $314.46.
She used her mother's card 43 times, totaling $2,359.39. Those purchases included 15 at Riser's Pub for $1,763.50; nine at Connellsville Sheetz for $138.06; three at Connellsville McDonald's for $42.69; three at Mt. Pleasant CVS Pharmacy for $71.59; three at Get-Go for $57.43; and two at Connellsville Wal-Mart for $69.93.
In many of the businesses, Lowry would ask for cash back.
Lowry also used the stolen check. She forged her mother's name to pay back a friend $200.
Witnesses at Riser's Pub told police Lowry was asked about the credit card when she used it to purchase drinks for all her friends. Lowry replied that the card was her mother's and she was permitted to use it. Lowry's friends were unaware of the thefts, according to the complaint.
When questioned by police, Lowry admitted to stealing and using the credit cards. She also admitted she has problems with drugs and drinking.
A preliminary hearing was scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Feb. 14 before Haggerty.
Lowry is free on $10,000 unsecured bond.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Fayette County Salary Board approves hires
- Connellsville gifted students stage ‘Living Wax Museum’
- DA’s office recused from Fayette man’s $110K cocaine case
- Connellsville Area School District rethinks grading
- Fayette deputy warden asks for more guards
- Porterfield: Chestnut Ridge Volunteer Fire Company will hold its 15th annual golf outing
- Fayette County Salary Board adds jobs, OKs additional hirings
- Connellsville Area’s $4.8M budget gap raises specter of layoffs
- Police in Fayette County seek witnesses to motorcycle accident
- Civil War Festival preparations set