Uniontown Hospital programs set
Uniontown Hospital and its home health care agency, Fayette Home Care, will offer the following Community Education programs in March:
• Childbirth and Labor Preparation Courses are offered each month in a series of two sessions in Uniontown Hospital. The series is scheduled for Mondays, March 4 and 18. Each session is held from 7 to 9 p.m. in Community Room 2-East on the Main Floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call 724-430-4646 and leave a message in voice mail.
• Breast Feeding is Best Feeding Support Group will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. March 11 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room, main floor, Uniontown Hospital. Bring your baby. The support group is led by certified lactation consultants and/or certified lactation specialists. For more information, call 724-430-5573. Registration is not necessary. Expectant moms are welcome.
• Cesarean Section Class will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 16 in Community Room 1-West on the main floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call 724-430-4646 and leave a detailed message; your call will be returned.
• Life After Weight Loss Surgery for Pre/Post-op Gastric Bypass Patients and Pre/Post-op Lap Band Patients Support Group will hold a meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. March 4 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room, Uniontown Hospital Main Lobby. If you are considering, scheduled or have had gastric bypass or a lap band procedure, this support group is for you. Each meeting will feature a guest speaker on a topic related to obesity and/or weight loss surgery, a group member testimonial and an open forum for questions and answers. For more information or questions, call 724-880-8050.
• Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. March 7 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room on the main floor of Uniontown Hospital. For details, call Gretchen Belan, coordinator of the Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group, at 724-557-1726.
• Outpatient Diabetes Classes will be offered from 6 to 8 or 8:30 p.m. on Mondays, March 4, 11, 18 and 25, in the Diabetes Center Classroom in the Medical Pavilion Building at 100 Woodlawn Ave. To register, call 724-430-5971. Your doctor must refer you.
• Outpatient Diabetes Center Support Group will be held at 2 p.m. March 19 in the Diabetes Center, Medical Pavilion, 100 Woodlawn Ave. The theme will be “Diabetes and Depression.” There will be a guest speaker. RSVP to Ruth at the Diabetes Center, Uniontown Hospital, at 724-430-5971.
• Weight Loss Surgery for a Healthier You — Weight Loss Seminars are being held at 6 p.m. March 14 and 21 in the Uniontown Hospital Thelma Sandy Conference Room. Dr. Gustavo Bello, a general and weight loss surgeon, will conduct the sessions, which are open to the public. For more information, call 724-438-6661.
• Getting Better Forum will be held at 6 p.m. March 6 in Uniontown Hospital's Eberly Community Room. Dr. Muhammad Raza, a board-certified internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiologist, will speak. Free PAD screenings will be offered. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-430-5601.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Connellsville Canteen to host lecture on American home front during WWII
- Former member takes reins of chorus
- Korean exhibit to go on display
- Uniontown Chorale Society to perform at Dawson church
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Quiz Bowl at Penn State Fayette gets students’ competitive juices flowing
- Juvenile accused in Uniontown store burglary
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Connellsville gears up for big Christmas celebration
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin