Uniontown Hospital programs set
Published: Monday, February 18, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Monday, February 18, 2013
Uniontown Hospital and its home health care agency, Fayette Home Care, will offer the following Community Education programs in March:
• Childbirth and Labor Preparation Courses are offered each month in a series of two sessions in Uniontown Hospital. The series is scheduled for Mondays, March 4 and 18. Each session is held from 7 to 9 p.m. in Community Room 2-East on the Main Floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call 724-430-4646 and leave a message in voice mail.
• Breast Feeding is Best Feeding Support Group will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. March 11 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room, main floor, Uniontown Hospital. Bring your baby. The support group is led by certified lactation consultants and/or certified lactation specialists. For more information, call 724-430-5573. Registration is not necessary. Expectant moms are welcome.
• Cesarean Section Class will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 16 in Community Room 1-West on the main floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call 724-430-4646 and leave a detailed message; your call will be returned.
• Life After Weight Loss Surgery for Pre/Post-op Gastric Bypass Patients and Pre/Post-op Lap Band Patients Support Group will hold a meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. March 4 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room, Uniontown Hospital Main Lobby. If you are considering, scheduled or have had gastric bypass or a lap band procedure, this support group is for you. Each meeting will feature a guest speaker on a topic related to obesity and/or weight loss surgery, a group member testimonial and an open forum for questions and answers. For more information or questions, call 724-880-8050.
• Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. March 7 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room on the main floor of Uniontown Hospital. For details, call Gretchen Belan, coordinator of the Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group, at 724-557-1726.
• Outpatient Diabetes Classes will be offered from 6 to 8 or 8:30 p.m. on Mondays, March 4, 11, 18 and 25, in the Diabetes Center Classroom in the Medical Pavilion Building at 100 Woodlawn Ave. To register, call 724-430-5971. Your doctor must refer you.
• Outpatient Diabetes Center Support Group will be held at 2 p.m. March 19 in the Diabetes Center, Medical Pavilion, 100 Woodlawn Ave. The theme will be “Diabetes and Depression.” There will be a guest speaker. RSVP to Ruth at the Diabetes Center, Uniontown Hospital, at 724-430-5971.
• Weight Loss Surgery for a Healthier You — Weight Loss Seminars are being held at 6 p.m. March 14 and 21 in the Uniontown Hospital Thelma Sandy Conference Room. Dr. Gustavo Bello, a general and weight loss surgeon, will conduct the sessions, which are open to the public. For more information, call 724-438-6661.
• Getting Better Forum will be held at 6 p.m. March 6 in Uniontown Hospital's Eberly Community Room. Dr. Muhammad Raza, a board-certified internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiologist, will speak. Free PAD screenings will be offered. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-430-5601.
- Historic Mon ferryboat might be making last trip between Fayette, Washington
- Charleroi-based firm lands day reporting center contract
- Constable discovers marijuana plants on porch of Uniontown residence
- Connellsville’s Memorial Day features wreath toss, recitation of Gettysburg Address
- Connellsville Industrial Enterprises dissolving, showering nonprofits with donations
- Newest Dunbar Community Festival ornament is now available
- Connellsville set for 9th annual Geranium Festival
- Stretch of Route 43 in North Union dedicated to veterans
- Dunbar, Vanderbilt plan Monday services
- Former Latrobe man gets hearing to decide on double-murder
- Frazier residents get details on school project
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.