Uniontown Hospital programs set
Uniontown Hospital and its home health care agency, Fayette Home Care, will offer the following Community Education programs in March:
• Childbirth and Labor Preparation Courses are offered each month in a series of two sessions in Uniontown Hospital. The series is scheduled for Mondays, March 4 and 18. Each session is held from 7 to 9 p.m. in Community Room 2-East on the Main Floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call 724-430-4646 and leave a message in voice mail.
• Breast Feeding is Best Feeding Support Group will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. March 11 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room, main floor, Uniontown Hospital. Bring your baby. The support group is led by certified lactation consultants and/or certified lactation specialists. For more information, call 724-430-5573. Registration is not necessary. Expectant moms are welcome.
• Cesarean Section Class will meet from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. March 16 in Community Room 1-West on the main floor of the hospital. Pre-registration is required. Call 724-430-4646 and leave a detailed message; your call will be returned.
• Life After Weight Loss Surgery for Pre/Post-op Gastric Bypass Patients and Pre/Post-op Lap Band Patients Support Group will hold a meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. March 4 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room, Uniontown Hospital Main Lobby. If you are considering, scheduled or have had gastric bypass or a lap band procedure, this support group is for you. Each meeting will feature a guest speaker on a topic related to obesity and/or weight loss surgery, a group member testimonial and an open forum for questions and answers. For more information or questions, call 724-880-8050.
• Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. March 7 in the Thelma Sandy Conference Room on the main floor of Uniontown Hospital. For details, call Gretchen Belan, coordinator of the Fayette Regional Cancer Support Group, at 724-557-1726.
• Outpatient Diabetes Classes will be offered from 6 to 8 or 8:30 p.m. on Mondays, March 4, 11, 18 and 25, in the Diabetes Center Classroom in the Medical Pavilion Building at 100 Woodlawn Ave. To register, call 724-430-5971. Your doctor must refer you.
• Outpatient Diabetes Center Support Group will be held at 2 p.m. March 19 in the Diabetes Center, Medical Pavilion, 100 Woodlawn Ave. The theme will be “Diabetes and Depression.” There will be a guest speaker. RSVP to Ruth at the Diabetes Center, Uniontown Hospital, at 724-430-5971.
• Weight Loss Surgery for a Healthier You — Weight Loss Seminars are being held at 6 p.m. March 14 and 21 in the Uniontown Hospital Thelma Sandy Conference Room. Dr. Gustavo Bello, a general and weight loss surgeon, will conduct the sessions, which are open to the public. For more information, call 724-438-6661.
• Getting Better Forum will be held at 6 p.m. March 6 in Uniontown Hospital's Eberly Community Room. Dr. Muhammad Raza, a board-certified internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiologist, will speak. Free PAD screenings will be offered. RSVP by email to email@example.com or call 724-430-5601.