Police: Woman torches car, punches boyfriend
A Connellsville woman allegedly set fire to a car in front of her boyfriend's home and punched him in the face after an argument.
Kaitlyn Mckenzie Dewitt, 22, of 2119 Second St. was charged with reckless burning or exploding and two counts of criminal mischief and harassment at District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, Dewitt was at the Willow Room with her boyfriend, Michael Allen Nicklow when the two became involved in an argument.
The couple left the Willow Inn around 10:30 p.m. and went to Nicklow's residence in Bullskin, where they continued to argue and Nicklow told Dewitt to leave.
He told police he took her to the Bullskin Sheetz, dropped her off and told her to contact her parents. He returned home.
According to police, about 2 a.m., Dewitt returned to Nicklow's and started banging on the door, telling Nicklow she wanted her son.
Dewitt allegedly told Nicklow if he didn't let her in, she would burn the house down. She then punched Nicklow in the face and grabbed the glasses off his face and broke them; he closed the door.
A relative in the Nicklow house then noticed a Honda, owned by Lorie Ann Kuhns, was on fire. He went out to try to extinguish the blaze and saw Dewitt standing in the yard.
Dewitt allegedly said, “You would not let me in the house, and I had to stay warm” and then left the scene.
Bullskin Township VFD was called to the scene.
Dewitt will have a preliminary hearing at 8:45 a.m. Thursday at Haggerty's office.
She was lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $5,000.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-626-3539 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Connellsville Health Board discusses rundown properties
- Hundreds to participate in Nicholson Memorial Bike Run to benefit cancer patients
- VFW’s new national chief of staff has distinguished service pedigree
- Police seeking suspect in Fayette motel robbery
- Former Fayette County Democratic chairman, county commissioner Lebder dies at 94
- Fayette County townships’ leaders worry about water plant
- Motorcyclist flees police through Uniontown at 120 mph
- Police: Woman tried to stab man in Fayette home
- Police group to host Bicycle Poker Ride