Uniontown man charged in Connellsville break-in attempts
A Uniontown man was jailed after he reportedly attempted to break into a car wash two times.
Ryan C. Dennis, 42, of 2 East St. was charged with two counts each of burglary, criminal trespass and criminal mischief before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
The charges stem from two incidents that occurred at the Spirit Car Wash at Morrell Avenue and South Eighth Street at 2:19 a.m. Jan. 1 and 12:49 p.m. Jan. 22.
During both incidents, Dennis used a pry bar to attempt to force open a metal pedestrian door on the west side of the car wash, both times causing damage to the door and jamb. There was $139.29 in damage on Jan. 1 and $154.76 in damage on Jan. 22.
Dennis was identified through security camera footage.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at Haggerty's office at 2 p.m. Thursday.
Dennis was lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $10,000 bail.
He was also arraigned on charges of burglary, criminal trespass and harassment that occurred on Dec. 6 in German Township at District Judge Randy Abraham's office.
That preliminary hearing for those charges has been scheduled at 10 a.m. Thursday at Abraham's office.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Washington Township daughter savors turkey farm tradition
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Dunbar flood victims thankful for help
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Forbes: Family is key for the holidays
- Connellsville officers get bulletproof vests
- Connellsville’s Crawford Bridge to be renamed