Uniontown man charged in Connellsville break-in attempts
A Uniontown man was jailed after he reportedly attempted to break into a car wash two times.
Ryan C. Dennis, 42, of 2 East St. was charged with two counts each of burglary, criminal trespass and criminal mischief before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
The charges stem from two incidents that occurred at the Spirit Car Wash at Morrell Avenue and South Eighth Street at 2:19 a.m. Jan. 1 and 12:49 p.m. Jan. 22.
During both incidents, Dennis used a pry bar to attempt to force open a metal pedestrian door on the west side of the car wash, both times causing damage to the door and jamb. There was $139.29 in damage on Jan. 1 and $154.76 in damage on Jan. 22.
Dennis was identified through security camera footage.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at Haggerty's office at 2 p.m. Thursday.
Dennis was lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $10,000 bail.
He was also arraigned on charges of burglary, criminal trespass and harassment that occurred on Dec. 6 in German Township at District Judge Randy Abraham's office.
That preliminary hearing for those charges has been scheduled at 10 a.m. Thursday at Abraham's office.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette man gets house arrest in prescription painkiller scheme
- Woman accused of stabbing man at Fayette housing complex
- Additional charges filed in Connellsville vandalism case
- Musical ‘Seven Brides for Seven Brothers’ to be performed in Connellsville
- Fair weather expected for opening of Fayette County Fair
- 3 taken into custody after shots fired at East Park in Connellsville
- Fayette County doctor expects to go to prison in prescription scheme
- Connellsville’s Porter Theater to present ‘Seven Brides’
- Man charged with threats against Fayette firefighters
- Connellsville police search for armed robber
- Fayette warden wants to add 8 full-timers