Uniontown man charged in Connellsville break-in attempts
A Uniontown man was jailed after he reportedly attempted to break into a car wash two times.
Ryan C. Dennis, 42, of 2 East St. was charged with two counts each of burglary, criminal trespass and criminal mischief before District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
The charges stem from two incidents that occurred at the Spirit Car Wash at Morrell Avenue and South Eighth Street at 2:19 a.m. Jan. 1 and 12:49 p.m. Jan. 22.
During both incidents, Dennis used a pry bar to attempt to force open a metal pedestrian door on the west side of the car wash, both times causing damage to the door and jamb. There was $139.29 in damage on Jan. 1 and $154.76 in damage on Jan. 22.
Dennis was identified through security camera footage.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at Haggerty's office at 2 p.m. Thursday.
Dennis was lodged in the Fayette County Prison in lieu of $10,000 bail.
He was also arraigned on charges of burglary, criminal trespass and harassment that occurred on Dec. 6 in German Township at District Judge Randy Abraham's office.
That preliminary hearing for those charges has been scheduled at 10 a.m. Thursday at Abraham's office.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Robber threatens employee at Subway in Uniontown Mall
- Connellsville Legion needs young veterans
- Dawson native Leonard finishes season with Braves’ AAA affiliate
- Connellsville area’s weather into December could be mixed bag
- Volunteer program circles around poverty problem in Connellsville
- Lynn: Vanderbilt church to sponsor rabies clinic
- Connellsville tech center names homecoming queen
- War display planned during Dunbar Fest
- For some, Dunbar Community Fest is a ‘homecoming’
- Bullskin election violations end in plea deal for 3
- Evening of fun and games helps to fund foundation