Bank robbed in Saltlick Township; police seek armed suspect
State police at Uniontown along with the FBI are investigating a bank robbery that occurred at the First National Bank, Indian Head Road, Saltlick Township, at approximately 10:07 a.m. Thursday.
A white man entered the bank wearing a gray hoodie and mask and was armed with a black, smaller model handgun, according to police. The man demanded money from the tellers indicating he was armed and had a bomb.
An undisclosed amount of money was given to the man who then fled the building and entered a mid- to late-'90s model white four-door Chevrolet Blazer.
The Blazer was seen on Route 711 just south of Normalville minutes after the robbery.
Video obtained from the bank is currently being enhanced in an effort to get a better description.
Anyone with information on the robber or the vehicle involved in the incident is asked to contact Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any information leading to an arrest in this case could result in a reward of up to $1,000.
Mark Hofmann is a reporter for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- Perryopolis going greener
- Burglars take $200 from Clark Elementary School
- Springfield Halloween parades set for Saturday
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville