Bank robbed in Saltlick Township; police seek armed suspect
State police at Uniontown along with the FBI are investigating a bank robbery that occurred at the First National Bank, Indian Head Road, Saltlick Township, at approximately 10:07 a.m. Thursday.
A white man entered the bank wearing a gray hoodie and mask and was armed with a black, smaller model handgun, according to police. The man demanded money from the tellers indicating he was armed and had a bomb.
An undisclosed amount of money was given to the man who then fled the building and entered a mid- to late-'90s model white four-door Chevrolet Blazer.
The Blazer was seen on Route 711 just south of Normalville minutes after the robbery.
Video obtained from the bank is currently being enhanced in an effort to get a better description.
Anyone with information on the robber or the vehicle involved in the incident is asked to contact Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or email@example.com.
Any information leading to an arrest in this case could result in a reward of up to $1,000.
Mark Hofmann is a reporter for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Polar Bear Club ready for New Year’s
- Lynn: Fayette communities enjoying holidays
- Greater Connellsville chamber seeks nominations
- Connellsville teen charged in attack on 80-year-old man, daughter allowed to play high school basketball
- Uniontown self-help book author finds ‘Inner Peace’ through writing
- Connellsville High announces leads for March musical
- Normalville church performs Christmas play
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Betters is recognized at Connellsville Canteen
- Connellsville Faith Fighters’ fundraiser brings warmth to many
- A Christmas story: Childhood holiday in Dunbar recollected