Bank robbed in Saltlick Township; police seek armed suspect
State police at Uniontown along with the FBI are investigating a bank robbery that occurred at the First National Bank, Indian Head Road, Saltlick Township, at approximately 10:07 a.m. Thursday.
A white man entered the bank wearing a gray hoodie and mask and was armed with a black, smaller model handgun, according to police. The man demanded money from the tellers indicating he was armed and had a bomb.
An undisclosed amount of money was given to the man who then fled the building and entered a mid- to late-'90s model white four-door Chevrolet Blazer.
The Blazer was seen on Route 711 just south of Normalville minutes after the robbery.
Video obtained from the bank is currently being enhanced in an effort to get a better description.
Anyone with information on the robber or the vehicle involved in the incident is asked to contact Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or email@example.com.
Any information leading to an arrest in this case could result in a reward of up to $1,000.
Mark Hofmann is a reporter for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-626-3539.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette Children and Youth Services to expand offices
- Fayette Relay for Life moves to Uniontown church
- Belle Vernon Eagle Scout project draws praise
- Acme teen excited to experience fair as queen
- Mother of Fayette County killer wants to testify in closed courtroom
- Additional charges filed in Connellsville vandalism case
- Fayette man gets house arrest in prescription painkiller scheme
- Dawson Grange Community Fair stands out by staying free to attend
- Former Fayette County Democratic chairman, county commissioner Lebder dies at 94
- Fayette County’s head detective named chief adult probation officer
- Woman threatened with knife at ATM in Uniontown