Bank robbed in Saltlick Township; police seek armed suspect
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 22, 2013
State police at Uniontown along with the FBI are investigating a bank robbery that occurred at the First National Bank, Indian Head Road, Saltlick Township, at approximately 10:07 a.m. Thursday.
A white man entered the bank wearing a gray hoodie and mask and was armed with a black, smaller model handgun, according to police. The man demanded money from the tellers indicating he was armed and had a bomb.
An undisclosed amount of money was given to the man who then fled the building and entered a mid- to late-'90s model white four-door Chevrolet Blazer.
The Blazer was seen on Route 711 just south of Normalville minutes after the robbery.
Video obtained from the bank is currently being enhanced in an effort to get a better description.
Anyone with information on the robber or the vehicle involved in the incident is asked to contact Fayette County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-404-TIPS or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any information leading to an arrest in this case could result in a reward of up to $1,000.
Mark Hofmann is a reporter for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-626-3539.
- Catholic Churches of Connellsville hosts first Feast of All Nations
- Bicycle corridor plan gets Connellsville’s OK
- Frazier board to hold hearing on school projects
- 4 Fayette County positions at stake in primary
- Dawson council, VFD members to meet
- DeWitt claims politics played into charges against him
- Uniontown teacher makes the grade
- Trust’s Golden Reunion rolls out welcome mat
- Former Mill Run man to be tried for rape
- Upper Tyrone family helps pet overcome paralysis
- Connellsville mayoral candidate Joshua DeWitt held for trial in chop shop case
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.