Connellsville Area High School's 'Joseph' preview hailed by Lions Club audience
Filling the stage with dance, song and energy, the cast of Connellsville Area High School's production of “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” entertained Lions Club members and the public during a sneak preview on Wednesday.
“This was amazing,” Ann Madison of Dunbar Township said. “I can't wait to see the entire show.”
The cast did not need a full musical accompaniment, costumes or props to show their talent to the crowd of approximately 200. They sang and danced for about 35 minutes.
“These kids are talented and energetic,” Shirley McDowell of Connellsville said. “I can't wait to see the whole show. It's one of my favorites.”
Bob McDowell said he was impressed.
“I was watching, and not one student did not know what they were doing, which is really amazing with a cast this size,” McDowell said. “They were terrific.”
Jim and Stephanie Stefano of Connellsville remarked that the entire cast is a tribute to their community. Their granddaughter Marina Stefano is a cast member.
“It was fantastic,” Jim Stefano said. “It's great to see so much talent in a little town like Connellsville.”
“They always do such a nice job here,” Stephanie Stefano said. “There is a lot of talent here.”
The students sang many songs from the show and have been performing at other locations over the past few weeks, including the Community Center and Highlands Hospital.
“They are also doing a show at the junior high on Friday and then a show for the high school on Monday,” show choreographer Deborah Luczka said.
Luczka said that they have been performing the preview shows for years, giving the students the opportunity for additional exposure to live audiences while generating interest for the shows.
The show will be staged March 7-10. Times are 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Good seats still remain. Tickets are $10 for Thursday night's performance and $12 for all other shows.
Marilyn Forbes is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Veterans court program to begin in Fayette
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Woman killed in Fayette County van-motorcycle collision
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Circles Connellsville receives $5K from Diocese of Greensburg
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem