Clinton Church of God to hold fish fries
By Pam Porterfield
Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 6:43 p.m.
Updated: Friday, March 29, 2013
The Clinton Church of God, 640 Buchanan Road, will hold its annual fish fries from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday and March 15. The dinner includes a delicious fish sandwich and choice of two sides. The sides are coleslaw, macaroni and cheese, pierogies, cabbage and noodles, and green beans. Tickets are $8 each. Extra sides will be available for $1. Buy an extra fish sandwich for only $4.50. You can eat in or takeouts are available. For tickets, call Charlie Hall at 724-455-1073, Ken Layman at 724-455-3280 or Keith Richter at 724-455-3485. All are welcome.
The Cook Township Community Center auction will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at 1698 Route 711 in Stahlstown. There will be lots of antiques this week. The kitchen will be open, so come hungry. It's a nice evening of family fun.
The Bullskin Opry will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday in the Wooddale Grange, 938 Pleasant Valley Road in Bullskin Township. This is on Route 982 between Laurelville and Connellsville. Doors open at 6 p.m. Food and drink will be for sale. Jam session will be downstairs and the stage upstairs. Springtime Hill Barn Band will be hosting this event and providing the sound. For more information or to schedule bands, call 724-455-3919.
Little League sign-up for Springfield Township will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday for one day only in the Mill Run fire hall.
The Normalville Volunteer Fire Department will sell hoagies on Saturday at the intersection in Normalville.
The Saltlick Township Volunteer Fire Department will hold a Hunter's Banquet from noon to 5 p.m. Sunday in the Donegal Community Center, 113 Community Center Lane. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. Twenty-five guns will be given away. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased from a firefighter or a local business.
The Kecksburg Volunteer Fire Department, 5128 Water St. in Mt. Pleasant, will hold an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. The cost is $6 for adults, $3 for children and free for children 4 and younger. For more information, call 724-423-9540.
Come have some old-fashioned buckwheat cakes or pancakes, sausage, home fries, eggs, cold drink, and coffee from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 9 in the Mill Run firehouse, 755 Mill Run Road. All the cakes you care to eat will be available. The cost is $8 per person. Benefits go to the Springfield Township Volunteer Hose Company.
The Normalville Volunteer Fire Department Ladies' Auxiliary will hold the following events at the fire hall, 3387 Springfield Pike in Normalville. For more information, call 724-455-6510 or 724-455-2477.
• Enjoy a fish lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 8 and 15. The cost will be: fish lunch, $6.25; chicken lunch, $6.25; fish sandwich, $3.25; chicken strips, $3.25; macaroni and cheese, $2; coleslaw, $1. Eat-in or takeout will be available.
• A basket bingo will be held March 17. Doors open at 1 p.m., and bingo starts at 2 p.m. Admission is $5, and extra cards are $1 each. A light lunch will be served.
• The Ladies' Auxiliary will hold a fish dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. March 22 in the fire hall. The cost will be $8 for adults and $4 for children. A choice of fish or chicken planks will be available. Eat-in or takeout.
• Bring your dogs and cats to a rabies clinic from 1:30 to 3 p.m. March 30. The cost is $8 per animal. Parvovirus shots are available for dogs for $10.
• Come try your luck at a cash bash April 13 in the fire hall in Normalville, 3387 Springfield Pike. Doors open at 5 p.m., and the bash will be held from 6 to 10 p.m. Tickets are $20; see any firefighter for tickets or call 724-455-6510 or 724-455-3509. The bash benefits the Normalville and Saltlick Township volunteer fire departments.
Mt. Zion Christian Academy in Acme (behind Bear Rocks Community) has opened enrollment for the 2013-14 school year. The school is taking registrations for students entering grades K-12 this fall. Some financial assistance is available. Information can be found on the school website at www.mtzionacme.org or by calling 724-547-3028 during business hours.
Last week's trivia question: What was the first vegetable grown in space? Jim Shawley, Betty Bando, Bill Shepler, Dink Critchfield and Debbie Wiltrout all called or emailed the answer: potato.
This week's question from Jim Shawley: A commercial ran from 1966 to 1992 that featured a feisty manicurist. What was her name?
If you have news for this column, give me a call at 724-455-7746 or email me at email@example.com by 6 p.m. Monday to have your news appear that Friday.
Pam Porterfield is a resident of Normalville.
- Uniontown teacher makes the grade
- SHOWING THEIR SMARTS
- Trust’s Golden Reunion rolls out welcome mat
- Former Mill Run man to be tried for rape
- Geibel names 2013’s top students
- DeWitt claims politics played into charges against him
- Mt. Zion Christian Academy to host school yard sale
- Historic ferry could become idled
- Uniontown police investigate shooting injury
- Connellsville, Scottdale to host farmers markets this summer
- City’s financial status under debate
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.