Dawson VFC to meet Monday
By Beth Lynn
Published: Sunday, March 3, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
The Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the fire station. All members are urged to attend.
Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. March 11 in the borough building on Howell Street in Dawson. All residents are welcome.
Vanderbilt Borough Council will meet at 7 p.m. March 12 in the Vanderbilt Borough Building.
Tri-Town Ministries has released the schedule for its Lenten Services. This years topic is “Previews of the Cross.” The Lenten program schedule is as follows:
• Wednesday, 7 p.m. service to be held at the Vanderbilt Church of the Nazarene with Pastor Bob Prinkey.
• March 13, 7 p.m. service to be held at the Dawson Baptist Church with Pastor Glenn Wills as speaker.
• March 20, 7 p.m. at Tyrone Presbyterian Church with Pastor Lonnie Rittenour providing the message.
Everyone is invited to attend and participate in the celebration of the Lenten season.
The Brownfield Community Center, 291 Banning Road, Dawson, will hold a pork roast dinner at 5 p.m. Saturday, as well as entertainment by the Eric Harvey Band at 7 p.m. Cost for dinner and entertainment is $7. Not hungry? Come later and enjoy the entertainment for $2. The concession stand will be open. For more information, call the community center at 724-529-2930.
Mark your calendars and save the date, the next meeting of the Tri-Town Community Crime Watch will be held at 7 p.m. March 18 in the Vanderbilt Borough Building.
Food bank distribution dates for the month of March are: East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt from 10 a.m. until noon March 14; Produce for the People, which is held at the Fayette County Fairground, will be held from 10 a.m. until noon March 14 with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m.; and Leisenring Presbyterian Church from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. March 20. Please remember to bring a box, basket or other container with you to carry your items home in. Remember, donations and volunteers are always welcome.
A very happy anniversary is wished Connie Gray from her husband, Pete. They will celebrate 47 years together on March 5.
Area youngster Chance Longton has a dilemma. He wants to do his Eagle Scout project by restoring an old cemetery located on Dickerson Run Hill. This cemetery appears to be abandoned and forlorn, but to complete his project, he needs to find out who owns the cemetery or if it is truly abandoned. It is not the Dickerson Run Union Cemetery, of that we are sure. It appears to have a number of very old graves dating back several hundred years. If anyone can give us any information on this cemetery, it would be greatly appreciated.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- Connellsville Lions’ ‘Bike With Bud’s’ planned for Saturday
- Dawson residents learn ins, outs of dog enforcement
- C&O Canal Towpath Trail ‘judged’ as great recreation
- Vanderbilt woman scaling new heights in cancer fundraiser
- Immaculate Conception Church Festival to be held this weekend
- Classmates, family, friends celebrate Acme accident victim’s life
- Lemont Furnace man charged in burglary
- Recount affirms outcome of Fayette district judge’s race for Kasunic over Mancuso
- Cumberland / D.C. trail began as a freight canal
- Laurel Highlands attractions to be featured on travel show
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.