Miracle Trail run, walk planned for March 23 at Penn State Fayette
The Second Annual Miracle Bunny Trail 5K Run and Walk will be held on March 23 at Penn State Fayette, The Eberly Campus with proceeds to benefit the Miracle League of Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.
“There is no doubt that 2012 was a year of tremendous growth for the Miracle League of Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands (MLPLH) — highlighted by many productive fundraisers and a successful relocation to a field within Uniontown's Bailey Park. The MLPLH, a youth baseball league that extends the opportunity to play baseball to area children with special needs in Greene, Fayette, Somerset and Westmoreland counties, enters 2013 with the intention of continuing work on this new field by installing a safe, rubberized surface that will significantly reduce tripping hazards and other obstructions for our players,” said Joshua Scully, a member of the MLPLH board of directors fundraising committee and 5K committee.
With this goal in mind, the MLPLH is hosting the Second Annual Miracle Bunny Trail 5-K Run and Walk.
Last year, the first annual 5K was attended by more than 400 volunteers and participants and helped the league raise nearly $7,000.
Many individuals from Connellsville participated, and several Connellsville area businesses and organizations have sponsored the event either this year or last, including Armstrong Cable, Bud Murphy's, Davies Ford and the Laurel Hill Presbyterian Church.
“Several of our players call Connellsville home, and the support we receive from the Connellsville area is sincerely appreciated,” said Scully.
Registration begins at the campus cafeteria at 7 a.m. At 9:15 a.m. a Mini-Kid's Hop will take place. The 5K run begins at 10 a.m., the walk begins at 10:01 a.m. Pre-race packet pick-up is held at the Penn State Fayette Campus cafeteria from 5:30 to 7 p.m. March 22.
Registration for adults is $18, which includes a T-shirt; those 60 years and older register for $16, which includes a T-shirt; and the Kid's Hop registration fee is $10, which includes a T-shirt. There is a $3 additional charge for XXL or XXXL T-shirts. Registration forms are online or register on race day at the campus cafeteria starting at 7 a.m.,
Nancy Henry is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mill Run woman sentenced in daughter’s death
- Connellsville Rite Aid robbed
- Connellsville-area group shares photos, stories, legacy
- Everyone encouraged to participate in Connellsville Holy Week events
- Robbery charges against Elizabeth Township man dismissed
- New HR director in place in Fayette; commissioner remains opposed to hiring
- Porterfield: Fish dinner benefits Normalville Fire auxiliary
- Intermediate Unit opens adult learning center in Uniontown
- Former Connellsville councilman’s foresight led to happier trails
- Connellsville area’s secular, parochial schools push students to excel academically, technologically, leaders say
- Connellsville companies able to grow, change with the times