Dawson Borough Council to meet Monday
Dawson Borough Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in the borough building, Howell Street, Dawson. All residents are welcome.
Vanderbilt Borough Council will meet at 7 p.m. March 19 in the Vanderbilt Borough Building.
The Tri-Town Ministries has released its schedule for Lenten services. This year's topic is “Previews of the Cross.” The Lenten program schedule is as follows:
• Wednesday at 7 p.m. a service to be held at the Dawson Baptist Church with the Rev. Glenn Wills as speaker.
• March 20 at 7 p.m. at Tyrone Presbyterian Church with the Rev. Lonnie Rittenour providing the message.
Everyone is invited to attend and participate in the celebration of the Lenten season.
Mark your calendars and save the date, the next meeting of the Tri-Town Community Crime Watch will be held at 7 p.m. March 18 in the Vanderbilt Borough Building.
Food bank distribution dates for the month are:
• East Liberty Presbyterian Church of Vanderbilt from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday.
• Produce for the People, which is held at the Fayette County Fairground, will be held from 10 a.m. until noon Thursday with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m.
• Leisenring Presbyterian Church will host its monthly food distribution from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. March 20.
Please remember to bring a box, basket or other container with you to carry your items home in. Remember, donations and volunteers are always welcome.
The Honor Roll Committee is currently selling a ticket to help raise funds. The tickets are $2 and have both a winning amount and a bonus. Tickets are available at the following retail outlets: Sweet Peas and Tri-Town Market, both in Vanderbilt; Bucks Dairy Store, Dawson; and John Prah's Barber shop, South Connellsville or from any committee member. The committee is also planning a program booklet that will accompany the dedication celebration of the new honor roll. Commercial or personal ads are available in the booklet, from 1⁄8-page to full page ads. Ad space is now available from any committee member. You may also honor or remember a loved one with a personal line or block space. Information is available from any committee member or by calling 724-529-7298.
Dawson Volunteer Fire Co. is currently selling tickets for a “fishing bash” to be held April 5 and a “gun bash” to be held May 18. See any Dawson firefighter for information.
A special thanks to John Nudo, Rose Orlando and Kathy Virgillo for aiding us with the information we needed on the Sacred Heart Cemetery in Dickerson Run.
A belated happy birthday wish to a beautiful, classy lady, lifelong Vanderbilt resident Carolyn Ellenberger, who turned 90 on Feb. 19. May you have many more happy, healthy years with friends and family.
A very happy birthday to lifetime Dawson resident John Nudo, who will celebrate his 92nd birthday on Saturday.
That's it for this week friends.
If you have an item for this column, give me a call at 724-529-7927 or email at email@example.com or drop me a line at 276 Banning Road, Dawson, PA 15428 by 7 p.m. Tuesday so I may prepare my column for the following week.
Keep smiling and have a great week.
Beth Lynn is a Lower Tyrone Township resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Protection-from-abuse orders public again in Fayette
- Ailing youngster has wish fulfilled in day with Masontown K-9 officer
- Man to serve prison sentence for Fayette County rock attack
- Hopwood bank robbery suspect agrees to tentative plea bargain
- Fayeette man’s statements admissable at trial in death of toddler daughter, judge rules
- Air conditioner replaced at Fayette County’s jail annex
- Connellsville area poverty simulation opens people’s eyes
- Motorcyclist listed as fair after Fayette County crash
- Connellsville considers axing paid firefighters
- Longtime Connellsville area business closes its doors
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire