Fayette man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl
A warrant has been issued for a Springfield Township man who is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
State police filed charges on Monday against Melvin Ray Jones, 39, of Hawkins Hollow Road, in connection with an incident that occurred on Newport Street between September and November 2012.
Jones is charged with aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault. He is incarcerated in the Fayette County Prison on unrelated charges.
Jones will be arraigned before Connellsville District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bullskin supervisors award bids for Spruce Hollow Road bridge project
- Building collapses in Connellsville; mound of debris lands in street
- Former Holy Trinity church to be remembered in Geibel service
- Connellsville focuses on revenues at first budget meeting
- CAHS announces 2015 spring musical
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Annual book sale to be held Saturday at Connellsville’s Carnegie library
- Fayette DA urges end to verbal warfare
- More than 100 attend preview of video project ‘Faces and Voices of Connellsville’ at library
- Florida man warns Connellsville junior high schoolers about smoking dangers
- CAHS Patriots to host veterans luncheon