Fayette man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl
A warrant has been issued for a Springfield Township man who is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
State police filed charges on Monday against Melvin Ray Jones, 39, of Hawkins Hollow Road, in connection with an incident that occurred on Newport Street between September and November 2012.
Jones is charged with aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault. He is incarcerated in the Fayette County Prison on unrelated charges.
Jones will be arraigned before Connellsville District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville’s $3.1M tentative budget includes tax hike
- Preliminary parking plan submitted for new Connellsville hotel
- Thanksgiving to bring cool temps; snow a possibility
- Fire hits Dunbar Township trucking business
- Valve repair needed to control water levels at Greenlick dam
- Architect picked to examine Fayette County jail
- Brownsville Area Middle School administrator placed on leave in threat investigation
- Governor signs death warrant for convicted Fayette killer
- Canteen features Woodruff tribute
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Henry: Day of shopping planned at Connellsville library