Fayette man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl
A warrant has been issued for a Springfield Township man who is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
State police filed charges on Monday against Melvin Ray Jones, 39, of Hawkins Hollow Road, in connection with an incident that occurred on Newport Street between September and November 2012.
Jones is charged with aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault. He is incarcerated in the Fayette County Prison on unrelated charges.
Jones will be arraigned before Connellsville District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville, Mt. Pleasant fireworks postponed until Sunday
- Post-war ‘welcome’ still stings Vietnam War veteran from Connellsville
- Aaron’s building review planned
- Fayette County men recount fathers’ roles in World War II
- Investigation into dropped baby at Uniontown Hospital continues
- Funeral planned for Connellsville teen who died in crash
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Connellsville fireworks display back to riverbank
- Greater Connellsville chamber sets back-up plans if rain hits
- Pam Porterfield: Church events, family reunions, benefits abound in Fayette County
- Action sought on medical marijuana by Connellsville couple