Fayette man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl
A warrant has been issued for a Springfield Township man who is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
State police filed charges on Monday against Melvin Ray Jones, 39, of Hawkins Hollow Road, in connection with an incident that occurred on Newport Street between September and November 2012.
Jones is charged with aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault. He is incarcerated in the Fayette County Prison on unrelated charges.
Jones will be arraigned before Connellsville District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rain washes out road, blamed in death of Perryopolis man in Perry Township
- Fayette County flood warning lifted after heavy overnight rains
- Connellsville library director on move
- Fayette foundation director returning to role
- Attorneys of Fayette commissioner accused of violating girl’s privacy say mother vowed to alert press
- Connellsville — a model trail town
- Chalk Hill man charged in fatal Bullskin crash
- Brownsville man accused of taking tools from garage for drugs
- Science is focus of Connellsville library’s survivor challenge
- Defense in Connellsville teen’s fatal shooting wants suspect’s statements to police suppressed
- Connellsville man charged in shooting