Fayette man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old girl
A warrant has been issued for a Springfield Township man who is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
State police filed charges on Monday against Melvin Ray Jones, 39, of Hawkins Hollow Road, in connection with an incident that occurred on Newport Street between September and November 2012.
Jones is charged with aggravated indecent assault and indecent assault. He is incarcerated in the Fayette County Prison on unrelated charges.
Jones will be arraigned before Connellsville District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville robbery suspect identified
- Police: Suspect in Uniontown woman’s shooting death considered armed, dangerous
- Connellsville 7th-grader wins Fay-West region spelling bee
- Connellsville man sentenced to prison for role in armed robbery of pizza deliverer
- Dawson church fundraiser to aid those in need
- Fayette County board OKs Energy Corp. of America to pump water from river for drilling site
- Springhill district judge candidate touts ‘passion for justice’
- Fayette tourism ambassadors sought
- Henry: Presbyterian church begins Lenten lunches
- Connellsville Health Board may revisit snow removal law
- Family, friends show their support for Fayette County woman