Mill Run man charged with child pornography
A Mill Run man was placed behind bars for allegedly getting a 13-year-old girl to send him nude photographs of herself over the Internet.
On Thursday, Shaun M. Lake, 34, of 20 Lakeview Lane was charged with child pornography, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors in District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
On Dec. 30, the mother of a 13-year-old opened the girl's Facebook account and saw messages between her daughter and Lake that were sexually explicit.
In the messages, Lake requested nude photographs of the teen, who sent the images.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, the girl also sent a message to Lake that she had had sex and lost her virginity to a 31-year-old Daisytown man sometime in 2012.
State police at Uniontown interviewed Lake at his residence on Dec. 30. He said in an audio interview that he did not know the age of the girl, that she added him as a friend on Facebook around Dec. 28 and they did message back and forth.
Lake told police that he requested nude photographs of the girl, she sent them, and he observed the photographs on his laptop computer.
A preliminary hearing for Lake is scheduled at 11:30 a.m. March 14 in Haggerty's office.
Lake was in the Fayette County Prison on $10,000 bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Poachers blamed for wounding bear that killed pets in Connellsville Twp.
- Saturday event to draw shoppers to small Fayette businesses
- Lemont Furnace woman dropped crack cocaine at booking center, police say
- Sharing the Harvest to help Connellsville programs for needy
- Dunbar flood victims thankful for help
- Washington Township daughter savors turkey farm tradition
- Christmas Cheer Club back to aid needy Mon Valley kids
- Forbes: Family is key for the holidays
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break
- Perryopolis girl excited to perform ‘Fiddler’ role