Mill Run man charged with child pornography
A Mill Run man was placed behind bars for allegedly getting a 13-year-old girl to send him nude photographs of herself over the Internet.
On Thursday, Shaun M. Lake, 34, of 20 Lakeview Lane was charged with child pornography, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors in District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
On Dec. 30, the mother of a 13-year-old opened the girl's Facebook account and saw messages between her daughter and Lake that were sexually explicit.
In the messages, Lake requested nude photographs of the teen, who sent the images.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, the girl also sent a message to Lake that she had had sex and lost her virginity to a 31-year-old Daisytown man sometime in 2012.
State police at Uniontown interviewed Lake at his residence on Dec. 30. He said in an audio interview that he did not know the age of the girl, that she added him as a friend on Facebook around Dec. 28 and they did message back and forth.
Lake told police that he requested nude photographs of the girl, she sent them, and he observed the photographs on his laptop computer.
A preliminary hearing for Lake is scheduled at 11:30 a.m. March 14 in Haggerty's office.
Lake was in the Fayette County Prison on $10,000 bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Scottdale funeral director to head state group
- New office manager touts Greater Connellsville Chamber
- Masontown bakery owner hopes for recipe for success
- Connellsville City Council pays into pension plans for police, firefighters
- ‘Faces and Voices of Connellsville’ taps local memories
- Interchange named for longtime Democratic Party leader who advocated for Mon-Fayette Expressway
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- New Haven to host Halloween parade on Tuesday
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- Dunbar Township woman, toddler critical after crash
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating