Mill Run man charged with child pornography
A Mill Run man was placed behind bars for allegedly getting a 13-year-old girl to send him nude photographs of herself over the Internet.
On Thursday, Shaun M. Lake, 34, of 20 Lakeview Lane was charged with child pornography, unlawful contact with a minor and corruption of minors in District Judge Ronald Haggerty Jr.'s office.
On Dec. 30, the mother of a 13-year-old opened the girl's Facebook account and saw messages between her daughter and Lake that were sexually explicit.
In the messages, Lake requested nude photographs of the teen, who sent the images.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, the girl also sent a message to Lake that she had had sex and lost her virginity to a 31-year-old Daisytown man sometime in 2012.
State police at Uniontown interviewed Lake at his residence on Dec. 30. He said in an audio interview that he did not know the age of the girl, that she added him as a friend on Facebook around Dec. 28 and they did message back and forth.
Lake told police that he requested nude photographs of the girl, she sent them, and he observed the photographs on his laptop computer.
A preliminary hearing for Lake is scheduled at 11:30 a.m. March 14 in Haggerty's office.
Lake was in the Fayette County Prison on $10,000 bail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fayette officials reappoint dead man
- Zoning board considers resort
- Measles warning issued to Connellsville
- Connellsville business owner’s loss of pet prompts fund for animal respirators
- Demolitions worry Connellsville health board
- Fayette dad’s appeal denied in 2012 conviction
- South Connellsville Mayor Casini arraigned in gun case
- Big future seen for former Fayette grocery warehouse
- 7 rail cars go off tracks in Uniontown, no injuries reported
- Ticket sales set for Connellsville Area High School annual musical
- Connellsville looks for ways to raise money, cut expenses