Upper Tyrone municipal building could soon get new restroom facilities
Upper Tyrone Township supervisors are hoping to have new restroom facilities soon at the municipal building.
Five bids received for the project were opened and read aloud this week.
With a bid of $15,130, Roger Suter & Sons of Connellsville submitted the lowest bid. Next lowest bid was $15,300 by Vince Building Company of Greensburg.
Supervisors voted to refer the bids to Widmer Engineering, which will review them for grant compliance responsibilities required by the Department of Community and Economic Development.
Once supervisors receive a recommendation from Widmer, they will advertise a special meeting with intent to award the bid.
In other business, Supervisor Bill Edwards said the township is down one auditor and has not received any letters of interest in regards to the position.
Motions passed included hosting the Fayette County Association of Township Officials monthly meeting, renewing the Sam's Club membership, entering into a salt participation agreement for road salt with the state's Department of General Services for the 2013-14 winter season and to purchase a new computer for supervisors' use in the amount not to exceed $1,000, which has been budgeted.
Supervisors rescinded a motion made in January that appointed Morris Knowles and Associates as primary sewage enforcement officer and Robert Killinger as secondary officer. A new motion was made to appoint K2 Engineering Firm as primary sewage enforcement officer and Morris Knowles as secondary sewage enforcement officer.
Rachel Basinger is a freelance writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Juvenile accused in Uniontown store burglary
- $7K donated to help Bullskin Township boys with rare disease
- Covenant Community Ministries unites 4 churches in Western Pa.
- Small Business Saturday events set in Connellsville
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- HObo Model Railroad Club display back in Connellsville
- Donegal VFW to host Hunters Breakfast on opening day
- RAPTOR program explained in Connellsville
- McCarthy: Family of Incarcerated to meet in Connellsville
- Fayette twins injured as newborns expected to be adopted by foster mother