Fayette County woman accused of stabbing man in face, hand
By Mary Pickels
Published: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
A Fayette County woman was charged with aggravated assault on Wednesday because she allegedly stabbed a man in the face and hand early Sunday.
Trisha Daly, 20, was additionally charged with simple assault and reckless endangerment before District Judge Jesse Cramer.
Washington Township police responded to 1389 Fayette Ave. at 1 a.m. in response to a call to check on Daly's welfare. Observing blood at the residence, officers forcibly entered the house.
Soon after, police said, Daniel McCoy, 34, arrived at the home.
McCoy had injuries to his face and hands, and state police were contacted to take over the investigation.
McCoy, whose address is not listed in court records, told police he and Daly had argued about her allegedly cheating on him. He said she attempted to cut herself with a knife.
“He related that he told her to stop being so dramatic. ... He (said) she came at him with the knife and stabbed him in the face,” Trooper Christian Lieberum wrote in an affidavit of probable cause.
As he pushed Daly away, McCoy was cut on his right hand, the affidavit stated.
“He related that he punched/slapped her to get her away from him. (McCoy) began to bleed profusely from his hand. He related that (Daly) is afraid of blood and that is why he let his face and hand bleed,” the statement read.
A warrant was issued for Daly's arrest. She was free on $3,500 unsecured percentage bond following arraignment.
Daly is scheduled for a preliminary hearing before Cramer on March 22.
Mary Pickels is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville starting early planning for Christmas
- Mt. Pleasant man charged in 2 Connellsville robberies
- Juveniles waive charges to Fayette court in Connellsville Township assault/robbery
- Falcon band performs at Disney World
- County Line Church to hold live Crucifixion re-enactment
- Police seek German Township assailant
- Good Friday, Easter Sunday programs planned in Scottdale
- Connellsville’s new curfew —with stiffer penalties — to begin on April 26
- Tenebrae Service to be held Friday at St. Rita church, Connellsville
- $1.3M equipment, which lowers voltage, leaves Connellsville for Charleroi
- Connellsville police hitting the streets on foot and bikes