Fayette County woman accused of stabbing man in face, hand
A Fayette County woman was charged with aggravated assault on Wednesday because she allegedly stabbed a man in the face and hand early Sunday.
Trisha Daly, 20, was additionally charged with simple assault and reckless endangerment before District Judge Jesse Cramer.
Washington Township police responded to 1389 Fayette Ave. at 1 a.m. in response to a call to check on Daly's welfare. Observing blood at the residence, officers forcibly entered the house.
Soon after, police said, Daniel McCoy, 34, arrived at the home.
McCoy had injuries to his face and hands, and state police were contacted to take over the investigation.
McCoy, whose address is not listed in court records, told police he and Daly had argued about her allegedly cheating on him. He said she attempted to cut herself with a knife.
“He related that he told her to stop being so dramatic. ... He (said) she came at him with the knife and stabbed him in the face,” Trooper Christian Lieberum wrote in an affidavit of probable cause.
As he pushed Daly away, McCoy was cut on his right hand, the affidavit stated.
“He related that he punched/slapped her to get her away from him. (McCoy) began to bleed profusely from his hand. He related that (Daly) is afraid of blood and that is why he let his face and hand bleed,” the statement read.
A warrant was issued for Daly's arrest. She was free on $3,500 unsecured percentage bond following arraignment.
Daly is scheduled for a preliminary hearing before Cramer on March 22.
Mary Pickels is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-5401 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Good trail news for Connellsville
- Connellsville details its Memorial Day parade lineup
- Man convicted in Redstone robbery plans to appeal sentence
- Top 10 talent showcase set at Connellsville Area High School
- Fayette County area communities plan Memorial Day events
- Shake-a-thon to help 5-year-old from Connellsville
- Memorial Day service to feature Sen. Stefano
- Perryopolis, Perry Township veterans groups plan Memorial Day service at Frazier High School
- PennDOT project in North Union delayed a week
- Connellsville’s Bicycle Bistro promises fresh food, fun
- Connellsville hires patrolman to fill out force