Daily Courier hosting forum for Connellsville mayor, city council candidates
The Daily Courier (Trib Total Media) has invited candidates who filed petitions with the Fayette County Election Bureau and are seeking the nomination for Connellsville mayor and city council to a candidates' forum.
The forum will be held at 6-7:30 p.m. April 22 in the auditorium of the Carnegie Free Library. The public is encouraged to attend.
The event will be set up as a forum — not a debate.
And we need your help.
Citizens are invited to send to us via mail, email, or fax questions you would like us to present to the candidates.
No questions with personal attacks will be considered.
Questions should be based on current community concerns.
Submitted questions will be reviewed by the forum moderator, Bob Burke, editor at the Valley Independent in Monessen, a Trib Total Media publication, and staff members at the Daily Courier. Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee all submitted questions will be presented.
All candidates will be given an opportunity to answer questions. Each candidate will be subjected to time limits for each question.
The forum may help the citizens of Connellsville choose who they feel is best qualified to lead our city for the next four years. Personal attacks will not be tolerated during the forum.
Questions can be submitted by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 724-626-3567 or mailed to Daily Courier, 127 W. Apple St., Connellsville, PA 15425. Questions must be submitted by April 8.
The forum will be filmed by Armstrong Cable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Juvenile accused in Uniontown store burglary
- $7K donated to help Bullskin Township boys with rare disease
- Small Business Saturday events set in Connellsville
- Covenant Community Ministries unites 4 churches in Western Pa.
- Judge rules in favor of Seven Springs Mountain Resort over road closure
- Donegal VFW to host Hunters Breakfast on opening day
- RAPTOR program explained in Connellsville
- HObo Model Railroad Club display back in Connellsville
- Salvation Army kettle campaign begins Friday in Connellsville area
- CASD’s Mustache Club lends hand