Daily Courier hosting forum for Connellsville mayor, city council candidates
The Daily Courier (Trib Total Media) has invited candidates who filed petitions with the Fayette County Election Bureau and are seeking the nomination for Connellsville mayor and city council to a candidates' forum.
The forum will be held at 6-7:30 p.m. April 22 in the auditorium of the Carnegie Free Library. The public is encouraged to attend.
The event will be set up as a forum — not a debate.
And we need your help.
Citizens are invited to send to us via mail, email, or fax questions you would like us to present to the candidates.
No questions with personal attacks will be considered.
Questions should be based on current community concerns.
Submitted questions will be reviewed by the forum moderator, Bob Burke, editor at the Valley Independent in Monessen, a Trib Total Media publication, and staff members at the Daily Courier. Due to time constraints, there is no guarantee all submitted questions will be presented.
All candidates will be given an opportunity to answer questions. Each candidate will be subjected to time limits for each question.
The forum may help the citizens of Connellsville choose who they feel is best qualified to lead our city for the next four years. Personal attacks will not be tolerated during the forum.
Questions can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com; faxed to 724-626-3567 or mailed to Daily Courier, 127 W. Apple St., Connellsville, PA 15425. Questions must be submitted by April 8.
The forum will be filmed by Armstrong Cable.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Masontown councilman charged with harassment
- Police look for suspect in attempted child-luring incident in North Union
- Connellsville preps for nighttime treating
- ‘Trunk or Treat’ events designed to keep everyone safe
- Perryopolis going greener
- Springfield Halloween parades set for Saturday
- Panel looks at staffing needs for scuttled Fayette County jail
- Halloween fun fills Connellsville community center
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- Harlem Wizards will take to the court against Connellsville All Stars
- Sheetz to expand in Bullskin