Uniontown Hospital transition made
Thirty doctors who were previously employed by Uniontown Hospital in Fayette County are now working for a company that is owned jointly by the hospital and UPMC, according to James Proud, vice president of human resources and marketing.
Plans to create Fayette Physician Network were announced last year. Proud said the 30 doctors, which include general practitioners and specialists, began to work for the jointly owned company on Jan. 1.
Proud said the jointly owned company allows Uniontown Hospital to benefit from UPMC's expertise in physician management.
Proud said Uniontown Hospital remains an independent, nonprofit facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- St. Rita of Cascia Roman Catholic Church marks centennial in Connellsville
- Carnegie Free Library plans Big Book Sale
- Geibel seniors land lead roles
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- Creepy, kooky cast bringing ‘The Addams Family’ to Connellsville Area stage
- Rabies clinic for dogs, cats set for Saturday in Uniontown
- Fayette County motorist accused of firing shots when good Samaritans stop at crash scene
- Connellsville robbery suspect has bail modified
- Suspect in Uniontown woman’s homicide surrenders to police, claims innocence
- Temp slowly rising in Fay-West area
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing in South Connellsville