Uniontown Hospital transition made
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, March 15, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Thirty doctors who were previously employed by Uniontown Hospital in Fayette County are now working for a company that is owned jointly by the hospital and UPMC, according to James Proud, vice president of human resources and marketing.
Plans to create Fayette Physician Network were announced last year. Proud said the 30 doctors, which include general practitioners and specialists, began to work for the jointly owned company on Jan. 1.
Proud said the jointly owned company allows Uniontown Hospital to benefit from UPMC's expertise in physician management.
Proud said Uniontown Hospital remains an independent, nonprofit facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Masontown girl pulls off heroic task at state farm show
- Connellsville community center enjoying rebirth
- Cause of Republic blaze under investigation
- UFO, Bigfoot encounters to be discussed at Connellsville library program
- Dawson mayor, CSX aim to repair railroad crossing at intersection
- Knife incident on bus gives Connellsville Area School District pause
- South Connellsville accepts police chief’s resignation
- Curfew concerns presented to Connellsville mayor
- Mulch pitched for Vanderbilt park’s playground; surface proposed under swings, slide, climbing bars
- ‘Going downtown’ with dad, mom in ’50s among Connellsville native’s treasured memories
- New Haven Hose Company awarded $25,000