Uniontown Hospital transition made
Thirty doctors who were previously employed by Uniontown Hospital in Fayette County are now working for a company that is owned jointly by the hospital and UPMC, according to James Proud, vice president of human resources and marketing.
Plans to create Fayette Physician Network were announced last year. Proud said the 30 doctors, which include general practitioners and specialists, began to work for the jointly owned company on Jan. 1.
Proud said the jointly owned company allows Uniontown Hospital to benefit from UPMC's expertise in physician management.
Proud said Uniontown Hospital remains an independent, nonprofit facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Fayette County chop shop operation nets jail time, payment of restitution
- FEMA to review Fayette’s flood plains
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Lynn: DL&V fire department selling tickets for Sportsmen’s Bash
- Living History: Uniontown man aboard USS San Diego duing Japan’s WWII surrender
- Purple Heart recipient from Connellsville Township soldiers on
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Police hunt for North Union shooter