Uniontown Hospital transition made
Thirty doctors who were previously employed by Uniontown Hospital in Fayette County are now working for a company that is owned jointly by the hospital and UPMC, according to James Proud, vice president of human resources and marketing.
Plans to create Fayette Physician Network were announced last year. Proud said the 30 doctors, which include general practitioners and specialists, began to work for the jointly owned company on Jan. 1.
Proud said the jointly owned company allows Uniontown Hospital to benefit from UPMC's expertise in physician management.
Proud said Uniontown Hospital remains an independent, nonprofit facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ten Commandments monument in Connellsville moves to church property next to senior high
- Road issues broached in Springfield Township
- Rep. Stefano’s 6th coffee conversation centers on budget impasse, taxes
- Connellsville Chamber to honor Falcon Foundation, which helps district students, at Gatsby gala Oct. 24
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Connellsville church’s coffeehouse events in 5th season
- Geibel announces Homecoming court
- Mt. Zion Community Church to hold revival meeting
- Fayette man acquitted in sex assaults
- Connellsville still wants requests for grant funding
- Connellsville Zombie Prom organizers plan ‘a night to dismember’