Uniontown Hospital transition made
Published: Friday, March 15, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Friday, March 15, 2013
Thirty doctors who were previously employed by Uniontown Hospital in Fayette County are now working for a company that is owned jointly by the hospital and UPMC, according to James Proud, vice president of human resources and marketing.
Plans to create Fayette Physician Network were announced last year. Proud said the 30 doctors, which include general practitioners and specialists, began to work for the jointly owned company on Jan. 1.
Proud said the jointly owned company allows Uniontown Hospital to benefit from UPMC's expertise in physician management.
Proud said Uniontown Hospital remains an independent, nonprofit facility.
- 4 Fayette County positions at stake in primary
- Geibel names 2013’s top students
- Uniontown teacher makes the grade
- Dawson council, VFD members to meet
- DeWitt claims politics played into charges against him
- Laurel Highlands academic quiz team awaits results of state competition
- Trust’s Golden Reunion rolls out welcome mat
- Community invited to Feast of All Nations in Connellsville
- Historic ferry could become idled
- Connellsville, Scottdale to host farmers markets this summer
- City’s financial status under debate
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.