Man wanted in shooting outside Uniontown bar
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Uniontown police are looking for a man who shot another man outside a bar early Saturday morning.
Daryl Maurice “Baby D” Truley, 22, of 17 Green Point Circle, Uniontown is charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and carrying a firearm without a license for the incident that occurred just before 1 a.m. on East Main Street.
Police said the victim, Lorian Williams, and his girlfriend, Andrea Wallace, were at the VFW on East Main socializing with friends.
Wallace had left the bar for a time and when she returned, she saw Williams talking with Truley. Wallace heard Truley ask if Williams had a problem, and then bartenders separated the two. Truley was escorted out of the bar, Wallace told police.
Within minutes, someone let Truley back into the bar along with Chaz Hooper. Hooper confronted Williams, who then left the bar with Wallace.
Outside the bar, Hooper took a swing at Williams, and the two began to fight, police said. Hooper fell to the ground, and then Williams and Wallace began to walk away.
That's when Truley walked around the corner of the building, pulled a gun from his waistband and shot Williams, police said.
Williams was first taken by ambulance to Uniontown Hospital before being flown to an unidentified trauma center. Medical personnel told police Williams was shot in the right elbow, and the bullet passed through his abdomen and lodged in his left thigh.
Williams suffered severe injuries to his right arm and elbow, police said.
A warrant was issued for Truley's arrest. He had not been located as of Monday afternoon.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Election board rejects ballot referendum on Fayette County prison issues
- Lemont woman accused of stealing purses, using credit cards
- Texas company offers investment in millions to upgrade Everson plant
- Geibel alumnus Sammy Brooks to perform jazz during tuition fundraiser on Saturday
- West Leisenring band’s EP release party to benefit firefighters
- Connellsville Community Yard Sale set May 3; enrollment deadline is April 28
- Closure of West Side News shocks previous owners
- CAHS Patriots’ annual auction set for May 8
- Planning underway for Connellsville Christmas event
- Mt. Pleasant man charged in 2 Connellsville robberies
- Police pursuit ends with Smithfield suspect wounded, thirsty for beer